YouTube groups

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Just a western hunting question. I’m from the east. If any of the mainstream, YouTube, instagram guys are out there, do they have the “right-a-way” As in, if you’re hunting out there and run in to a film crew, do you need to stay out of their area if they have film permits? Or is public land….public?

Just a western hunting question. I’m from the east. If any of the mainstream, YouTube, instagram guys are out there, do they have the “right-a-way” As in, if you’re hunting out there and run in to a film crew, do you need to stay out of their area if they have film permits?

I respond with an "LOL" because the answer is a big NO!

hunterjmj

WKR
I've never seen anyone filming but it would not change my plans one bit. Especially a film crew.

ODB

WKR
Just a western hunting question. I’m from the east. If any of the mainstream, YouTube, instagram guys are out there, do they have the “right-a-way” As in, if you’re hunting out there and run in to a film crew, do you need to stay out of their area if they have film permits? Or is public land….public?

Hell no. I know people (locals) who have been pressured to leave Silver Creek because the guide had a high-dollar client. They were told to **** off.

BluMtn

WKR
Years ago we were going to camp in Idaho in the spring with my group of ATV guys and as we pulled into our usual camp spot and this pickup pulled in behind us. I walked back to find a guy and gal sitting in it and I start talking to the driver. He starts out all smiley and everything and begins to tell me we need to move our camp because he and his wife were going to be hunting bear there and a few other places. I told him that we were sorry for interrupting his hunt but this is were we were camping. He got all bent and said "You don't know who I am?" and pulled out and left. One of the guys that was camping with us came up as I was trying to figure out what happened and he told me that the guys wife was some YouTube hunter. Oh Well, I did not loose any sleep that night.

Last edited:
1107520.gif

cmahoney

WKR
It’s complicated, there is a social media hierarchy. You may run into a situation where you are an instagrammer trying to hunt the same hella clutch basin as a you tuber. In that situation, the right of way goes to the you tuber because the data used to upload on you tube out weighs the Instagram data.

If you guys are just Instagram influencers, both dropping hella sick content, the. It comes down to followers. I’m not sure where Rumble stands yet. I always get out of there way, especially if they include landmarks in their videos that identify the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For clarification this isn’t a western hunting question.

I’m ALMOST 100 percent sure you actually have better odds of filling whatever tag you have than running into a film crew hunting.

I would scratch film crew off your list of things to think about when you head west

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Filming is generally a major production, so may as well go find another area, the game animals already have.

I heard a story about a hunter that was hunting the same bulll as well known outfitter. This hunter shot the bull "out from underneath" the outfitter.

Hilarious 😂