Youth Rifle Options

willidru

WKR
I’ve been toying with chassis idea like the ability to grow with the gun.

So far started with tikka compact 308 with Zeiss 3x9 on top adjusted trigger pull and added limbsaver. He shot fine (12 yrs and 80lbs)
. IMG_1417.jpeg

For some tweaker reason just swapped barreled action of 308 with 20” barrel to 25-06 with 22” barrel. Added UM rings and Nighforce SHV. Will sight in this weekend using 110 ELD-X

No elk tag this year so went lighter recoil with faster flatter projectile. But added like apound to the set up

IMG_2412.jpeg

Pokerface

FNG
A bunch of good options mentioned. Difficulty to get a good fitting fixed stock for a "youth". The chassis are nice if you already have the barreled action but I would go with an AR style rifle in your choice of available chamberings- light weight and fully adjustable. But then again there are many options....Joe

I started my boys off with a 6.5cm. Biggest thing, I think, is making sure they have some adrenaline when they shoot it so that the brain doesn't register the recoil. They practice with .22's and BB guns, and then use the CF when shooting at live game. it's worked well...they're 7 for 7 on deer, all with good shot placement out to about 120 yards.