Youth camo clothing starter bundle

Cowbell

WKR
We are taking a new Hunter with us to Montana this year on a deer hunt in November. I want him to have decent camo because the weather could be brutal that time of year. Very good kid very mature and excited to take him along on his first western hunt. Do you guys have a recommendation on brand of clothing that we can get him set up with that would be a starter set that wouldn't break the bank as he is continuing to grow fast? I was thinking maybe the kings line or something like that.

Titan

WKR
Academy. They have some cheaper gear that isn't straight junk. The other option is used gear from the classifieds. You can nearly buy and then resell for breakeven on some items.

hunt1up

WKR
Check all the typical sites for used stuff. Ebay, FB Marketplace, etc. I recently found two Kuiu kids long sleeve shirts for about half price, as well as two Sitka jackets. Once my kids are out of them I'm sure they'll be worth about what I paid. I also bit the bullet and bougt a few new Kuiu pieces for my daughter. I figure even if I lose a marginal % once they grow out of them it was a cheap "rental" for good stuff.

I'd agree on the Academy and Kings ideas also. Both have some nice affordable stuff.

wytx

WKR
What size is the hunter? Any chance tall and skinny, I may have some stuff to send you for free.

Blake_08

FNG
My kids all wear academy camo. It's about the cheapest kids camo I can find consistently and the quality is not bad. If I didn't have my youngest coming up into them, I'd send you some clothes for free.

Rustic ridge at sportsman’s is worth looking at. Just resist the urge to buy any redhead products from bass pro. The prices sway you and learn the hard way.

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
What size is the hunter? Any chance tall and skinny, I may have some stuff to send you for free.
He is medium according to his dad. But growing fast as he's 16 - I will gladly pay as well

I own some of this stuff and I think it’s good quality.

They have early and late season stuff as well. I think the strata stuff is a good camo that can be used for waterfowl too. I have some of their older viper western stuff that I use for rifle season and it has been warm when it was -15 in MT.