Your weather this spring/early summer?

What has the weather been in your local areas? Been bizarre weather in Oregon

Scary dry and warm winter (one day in February on the coast it was 86* with a low 74*… crazy hot for the coast)

As spring approached, it has been much more winter like… all the way to present

On the coast it’s been wet, where I’m working in NE Oregon it’s been wet, and it even dumped a good amount of snow night before last… we have some work we need to finish in the blue mountains that we got stopped by snow… here we are mid June, and it’s still snowing at 5k’

Really weird weather this spring and early summer… we needed it, but dang

Been flood warnings over here in the low land below the blue mountains

Been telling the rain to f*** off since Thursday evening and it hasn’t worked. One wet may and June and the snow still has 6’ to melt off up high! I wish we could divert half of the water in the Idaho rivers down to the Southwest!

dtrkyman

WKR
New Mexico.

Hot, dry and windy!!! Wind has been relentless since March, 20 plus steady and lots of 40 plus gusts! More 90 degree days already than normal for a whole year.

Snow pack was pathetic, melted off really fast and early!

We have two fires that are over 300k acres currently and several others as well. If we do not get a decent monsoon season we are going to be in a real bind! Reservoirs are more like river channels at this point.

We could use that water .204!

Everything is shutdown due to extreme fire risk. Sucks running in town!

The rain every day in june is fairly close to normal. A new cold front every other day with the wind has been a pain. Something with temps above 40 would be nice.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
Western Montana has been blessed/plagued with rain. But only on the weekends to make sure I don't get anything done in the yard. Haven't had to turn on the sprinklers yet, and we're not on fire so I guess I'll suffer through it.

Supposed to be 84F on Thursday. And 91F Friday...? Guess I better go find my shorts.

Btaylor

WKR
Been fairly mild until this past weekend. Last few days have been mid to upper 90's with wind chills in the 105-115 range. Summer in the south.

Glad to hear MT and ID are getting the rain. Sucks that it always seems to happen on the weekends when you want to get out and do stuff. In Western Iowa we too have had a wetter than normal spring, but we were something like 60" down on moisture after 3 years of moderate drought. It seems to me Mother Nature always finds a way to bring things back to average.

April was pretty much rain every day. May was maybe 50/50 with a crap ton of wind. June started very nice, but the switch flipped yesterday and we are going to be in the low to mid 90s for the next 10 days or so excluding this Wed.

Right now it is 83 with high winds and we are pushing to 105 heat index by this afternoon.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Has been drier than the past few years. Last year was exceptionally wet, we had creeks that still had moving water into October.

It did rain the past week, which gave some relief but do not have very good expectations. So long as we dont repeat 2011.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
In Southern California we have four dry seasons, spring, summer, fall, and winter.

Scary dry and warm winter (one day in February on the coast it was 86* with a low 74*… crazy hot for the coast)

On the coast it’s been wet, where I’m working in NE Oregon it’s been wet, and it even dumped a good amount of snow night before last… we have some work we need to finish in the blue mountains that we got stopped by snow… here we are mid June, and it’s still snowing at 5k’

Wish we could figure out how to transport all that water to Central OR (Prineville Reservoir to be exact).

1655219909387.png

KurtR

WKR
Started out extremely dry in Sodak but late snow and now some rain it’s looking good. It can dry out fast so I hope it keeps raining here . Seen a report duck production is way up might be a good migration this year

robtattoo

WKR
Tennessee went from April to August real fast.

High 80s for the last couple of weeks, high 90s this week with the index pushing 109. Then throw in the 'Fat Guy crotch' level humidity......

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Been fairly mild until this past weekend. Last few days have been mid to upper 90's with wind chills in the 105-115 range. Summer in the south.
Wind chills...that was funny! TN here...same

Broomd

WKR
Started out extremely dry in Sodak but late snow and now some rain it’s looking good. It can dry out fast so I hope it keeps raining here . Seen a report duck production is way up might be a good migration this year
No doubt our entire 2022 grouse and quail hatch up here was obliterated by 8+ solid weeks of rain.
Gotta wonder how many young turkeys will succumb as well.

Flyjunky

WKR

What part of NE Oregon have you been working in? I want to get up into Sled Springs to do some scouting but I'm wondering about the snow.

Plus side is that there should be some good horn growth this year.

Poser

WKR
Southwest CO: fastest melt off in 30 years with an extremely hot May and June so far. We usually get a mosquito cycle in the high country following the melt off and we just bypassed that this year as they ground was left completely dry with not enough standing water to support them. Multiple fires already.

Good news is that a real monsoon season appears to be on track which could be our saving grace.

OP
roosiebull
What part of NE Oregon have you been working in? I want to get up into Sled Springs to do some scouting but I'm wondering about the snow.

Plus side is that there should be some good horn growth this year.
Should be good after this snow melts off, I’m working in Pendleton right now, but we have some work to finish up around tollgate next week or the following… I know people were making it to jubilee lake recently which is a good sign