Your most important tool, confidence

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
It's not hard to notice folks that are not either confident in what they are doing.
Some folks have a ton of gear for just in case something happens. Some folks have a ditty bag. Doesn't mean a thing.
Maybe it's just how they carry themselves, I'm no expert. But for me none of this really matters. I'll help if needed. Tell folks to take a hike in a nice way, diplomacy.
It usually gets aparent when you get out in the bush n say, you go that way. Or it's getting dark n kinda lost. And spending the night in the bush.
There isn't much folks can tell anyone else what to expect. But that's OK. It's probably happened to most of us. I've had my share of tough times out but have learned that finding the biggest spruce tree I can n rolling up in a tarp if needed n learning to chill out.
But by far I've had a great time just getting out, as much as I can. And fortunately I've been blessed to be able to get out enough to feel pretty darn great when I'm out. Heck I'm out nothing wrong there. But building more confident every time. Fact is you never know what is around the bend until you get there.
Guess what I'm trying to encourage is folks to get out more. Walk in the park, identify the local trees n plants. Bring a book to camp for reading that's about identifying and how to use them. Birds n such. When you get the chance to be out the bonus will pay off. Especially if something serious happens. You'll be more confident and enjoy the experience even more

ODB

WKR
The sounds a lot like the new wave of hunting magazines - you know the ones I’m talking about.

MTtrout

WKR
With a handle like akcabin must mean one thing. He indeed has a cabin in AK and therefore we all owe it to ourselves to process, contemplate, and reprocess these words. Pure gold has to be in there somewhere…