Your identity may have been compromised (Idaho, Washington or Oregon)

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I PM'd Robby about this and he hadn't had a chance to post this. Seems that a company that was responsibility for applications for Idaho, Washington and Oregon was breached and a lot of data was obtained to have a free for all in the form of identity theft.

See these links from the Idaho Fish and Game site. If you are affected, you may have already received a letter.

Active Network to Notify Fish and Game License Buyers Potentially Affected By Attempt to Access Online License System | Idaho Fish and Game

Services in Place for Fish and Game License Buyers Potentially Affected by License System Breach | Idaho Fish and Game

The joy of the internet. I'm waiting until Monday to call as I may be in a better mood by then. I don't think that they want to talk to me today.

Trial153

WKR
Got mine today. Wonderful. Though honestly this is about the third time I got letters like thing in the past year or so. Last one was farm to feet. I take the free protection and life goes on

elkyinzer

WKR
I'd hate to put too much fault on the company, cyber security of fortune 100 companies and 3 letter govt agencies can't keep up with today's hackers. Monitor your credit and tack some ID theft protection policy onto some form of insurance and sleep soundly.

jtw

WKR
Washington announced this by shutting down all sales. They still havent contacted license holders to my knowledge, which should have been the first thing. Not happy about this but having identity stolen twice before I know it'll work out.

Ray

WKR
I got mine yesterday as well, which confused me to no end as I didn't recall having any on-line accounts with any of the three states. But then I recalled that I bought an 3-day NR sport fish license in 2004 at ID walmart so my dad could take his grandkid and I fishing. A few minutes of my time 12 years ago and boom.

So this will be the 6th identity breach to effect me in the last two years. I have so many free ID monitoring services, its not funny.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people in Colorado are getting this letter too. That company handles a lot for many states

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Was it just this years or if you have been registered in previous years will you be affected?