You have one shot, one broadhead….

Never shot an elk, but IW single bevel and Magnus Black hornet have worked really well for me this year. IW definitely gets the nod on toughness

trackboss

FNG
Trophy Taker A-TAC 125. My experience with these broadheads is that they fly pretty much the same as my field points. They are extremely durable, but don't feel sharp to the touch. The sharpness however has not had any negative affect in my experience. The bleed outs were massive. I've taken 1 boar and 2 sows with these. All took a single shot and were pass throughs. Each died within seconds. Boar was about 23 yards. 1 sow was 40 and the other about 20.

The downside of these is that the 125g are no longer available and trophy taker has told me they will no longer be producing the 100's once sold out. Trophy Taker was not easy to deal with when I called them looking to purchase additional 125's. Really turned me off as a customer. For whatever reason these broadheads don't seem to be very popular. I wish some other, more customer friendly company, would produce something like this or buy the design and reproduce them.

I actually have a video of the boar which proves how well these work, but I don't know how to upload a video from my computer.

I’m shocked by all the slick trick recommendations.
I thought I had seen a bunch of post about there quality after being sold.

I shot my bull elk this year with a Muzzy Trocar HB. Was shooting down and slight quarter so got a little shoulder blade. 13” of penetration but little blood with the high entry and no exit. Bull died 75 yards away so luckily didn’t need much blood. Thinking of going to a fixed blade next year for big game but sticking with the trocar HB for whitetail. Have had great luck with them on deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sirius RF200 single bevel did the job for me on my bear this year. Blasted right through and sparked off the rocks behind him. Sharpened it up razor sharp again and the same head is ready for another kill.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’m making the switch from Exodus to Day Six Evo’s this year. Hit a bull in the shoulder two years ago, feel like the 2 blade would've made a difference in that scenario, not that I plan on it happening again. I’ll probably carry a couple Evos and a couple Exodus on the mountain this year as long as they both fly.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve killed a pile of whitetail with 3-blade Muzzy’s. 125gn mX3s specifically but they are discontinued. Been using 125 VPA vented and they are great. Take a razor edge on an extra fine diamond plate, fly straight and are impossible to destroy in normal use. Killed three deer with the same head and all three were pass through an into the dirt. Reshapes and go.