XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bat vampire action
20” 1-8 carbon six barrel
Bix n Andy tac sport pro
In the picture it has Ziess v4 but now wears a nightforce nx8 4-32
Thunderbeast tbac ultra 7
The purpose of this build was to build was to have something light enough and compact enough to take into the back country. The chassis did take some getting used too. I have always been more comfortable with a good palm swell and carbon stock but have came to like this set up. The rifle is chambered in a 300 prc and by Shawn carlock with his +p treatment. It’s shooting a 215 berger Slightly over 2900 fps and hangs just under 3/8 moa consistently. View attachment 431948
That looks great man!

AKYZ450F

FNG
c97148626906c9d454cb9897fa744cb4.jpg

A ridge line 28 Nosler in a magnesium element with a vortex viper and a hybrid 46M. Wanted to build a chassis rifle that was lighter weight and flat shooting. Hopefully will try it on goats this fall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

z987k

WKR
c97148626906c9d454cb9897fa744cb4.jpg

A ridge line 28 Nosler in a magnesium element with a vortex viper and a hybrid 46M. Wanted to build a chassis rifle that was lighter weight and flat shooting. Hopefully will try it on goats this fall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
And it can double as a tent or hiking pole! What the total length on that? 5ft?

We want to see everyone's chassis rifles and we would also like to hear why you chose the components you did! Here is a personal build that I just put together for this fall! I wasn't really looking for the lightest rifle in the world, but I wanted a nice rifle to carry that was tough as nails! Of course, no house is built without a good foundation so I had to start it off with a magnesium Element 4.0 with the carbon buttstock and folder! On top of that, I went with a Defiance Ruckus Tactical, Proof 24-inch 1:9 twist chambered in 300 PRC, and an Area 419 Hellfire (until my can gets out of jail). For optics, I chose to go with the Nightforce Atacr held on with a Spuhr mount.

As I said in the beginning weight wasn't really my biggest concern with this rifle since it will mostly be used for Elk, Deer, and Antelope hunting this fall. My main purpose was to have a rifle that I can throw around in the truck or bounce off some rocks and it will hold zero! With that being said, I am going to be adding an 18inch 6.5 PRC barreled action to the shelf for those hunts where weight really matters! The total weight as you see is around 11 lbs with the bipod, scope, and send it level!

Let's see some of your rifles and their specs along with the vision behind the build! I know there are some good ones out there from guys who we do not hear from often!

View attachment 420649
My wife killed her first critter with the rifle that turned into hers… it was a me build initially, then I thought it was perfect for my wife and daughter, so it’s theirs now… last step to the build will be a can, then it will be perfect… the xlr makes a very versatile and shootable rifle, how it’s setup, just over 9#… love how it turned out and shoots

Attachments

• CA4DCC57-A3FC-4583-9688-79B4C863417A.jpg
    CA4DCC57-A3FC-4583-9688-79B4C863417A.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: XLR
OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My wife killed her first critter with the rifle that turned into hers… it was a me build initially, then I thought it was perfect for my wife and daughter, so it’s theirs now… last step to the build will be a can, then it will be perfect… the xlr makes a very versatile and shootable rifle, how it’s setup, just over 9#… love how it turned out and shoots
That is awesome! I always love seeing people that take advantage of the adjustability with the TR-2 and allowing the whole family to have a rifle that fits them! Thanks for sharing.

That is awesome! I always love seeing people that take advantage of the adjustability with the TR-2 and allowing the whole family to have a rifle that fits them! Thanks for sharing.
That was the exact purpose for that rifle and it fits that niche perfectly. I wanted a rifle that would fit anyone, I take a lot of inexperienced people hunting, and it’s always a struggle in that regard, the rifle doesn’t fit the hunter… the TR-2 is perfect, I can fit it to anyone in 5 minutes, and the element is such a user friendly platform whether shooting off the pack, bipod or tripod (or off hand)

Such a versatile chassis

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mark what would you expect your rifle to weigh without the can and bipod? Would you have an idea? I’m considering a very similar build but without suppressor. Thanks
Just put the rifle on the scale without the suppressor (and also subtracting the bipod brake/mount), it weighs 8lb, 5oz with an empty mag inserted, no bipod. (That is with scope caps, 2-round holder, etc...so you could shave a smidge more weight.)

bjm417

FNG
Any credit for Bergara MgLites? Lessons learned at a shooting course recently, needs a taller bipod (going either Atlas or the larger Javelin), a change to the 419 brake, and either a bag rider or the TR-2 stock. IMG-5537.jpg

Reactions: XLR
OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any credit for Bergara MgLites? Lessons learned at a shooting course recently, needs a taller bipod (going either Atlas or the larger Javelin), a change to the 419 brake, and either a bag rider or the TR-2 stock. View attachment 484811
The carbon bag rider will really help you out when running a rear bag! The MgLites turned out awesome!