X bolt-bolt release button doesn't work....... WTH

MJB

WKR
It worked last I checked.......now the button is hard no movement and I have double checked that I'm doing it right.

Anybody else have this issue?

grfox92

WKR
It worked last I checked.......now the button is hard no movement and I have double checked that I'm doing it right.

Anybody else have this issue?
The button to release the bolt while the safety is on?

Here is a video how to disassemble the bolt. I know there are other videos, this is what came up when I searched. Pull it apart and clean it and take a look.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
There is some kind of an engagement device on the trigger housing that can mis align. I had one do it several years ago but it was long enough ago that I have forgotten just what it was.
I tripped it when working on the trigger and had to disassemble and problem solve IIRC.

If my memory serves me there is a "joggled" rod that has to go through a slot on the trigger housing from outside the housing into the inside of the housing via a slot/hole.

Sorry I cannot paint a better picture.

Manitua1 That'[s correct. It's a dogleg metal rod. It can easily come lose. Super easy to fix. Take off the stock and you will see on the trigger.

Darryle

WKR
Have you had it out of the stock, maybe to adjust the pull weight? If so, it's rubbing on the stock.
Here's a picture of the rod

IMG_2502.jpeg

I have the same issue on one of my X Bolts, my rod is snapped though, have no idea how it happened but that's how the rifle came to me. Priced it out as a $20 part from browning. Swapping it out is on my to-do list.

Darryle

WKR
That is the bolt release, it has trash in it. Remove the stock, pull the pin straight down while pushing in on the bolt release, carefully release the pressure and remove the release keeping track of the spring. You can see both in the picture I posted.

Clean out the trash, lightly lube the area, reinstall in reverse order. Couple of drops of thin clp will help in the future.

If you want, you could probably blow it out with some compressed air for cleaning keyboards, might work.

manitou1

WKR
That is the bolt release, it has trash in it. Remove the stock, pull the pin straight down while pushing in on the bolt release, carefully release the pressure and remove the release keeping track of the spring. You can see both in the picture I posted.

Clean out the trash, lightly lube the area, reinstall in reverse order. Couple of drops of thin clp will help in the future.

If you want, you could probably blow it out with some compressed air for cleaning keyboards, might work.

Actually, that appears to have had the bolt release retention pin slide out causing it to bind.
I have another make of rifle that has done that.

OP
MJB

MJB

WKR
My problem is the balance of the pin is still in the housing.

Another question why did this happen, this has less than 20 rounds fired. I have taken the stock off once and it when back on in 30min.
Anybody have the schematic?

Darryle thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Darryle

WKR
Take the barreled receiver in hand and gently tap the underside of the receiver with a mallet, might just drop out, if not, remove the trigger assembly and gently tap the underside of the receiver on a 2x4. It's a blind hole, just looked at the 6.5 PRC sitting in the barrel vise, there should be nothing holding it in.

You may be able to eject it with the compressed air I mentioned earlier, just make sure you have a gloved hand protecting your face from the pin as it rockets out.