Wyoming

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
I was considering starting a thread myself, I’ve been chomping at the bit.

my deer application is dependent on how many people applied for my area this year, could go either way, my dad and i applied together and he drags my points down a bit, if numbers hold true we’ll have 10-15% chance in the random, and the pp draw is a crap shoot, two years ago we’d have had 98% chance of drawing, last year it would be 0%, my look at the data is showing that applications have varied by a couple hundred from year to year so if we’re in a low year for the region then we should be good as tag allocation remained the same.

I hunted elk in the area last year and saw some good bucks in some fragmented parcels of public land amidst private that i think most folks don’t know how to access (or just don’t want to).

Antelope is a long shot but i adjusted my app to places with less severe winterkill as did probably everyone else.

j_volt

WKR
I am really interested to see the changes in draw odds/points needed. There were lots of tags cut between deer and antelope (which should increase point creep), but conversely, I imagine that many people are sitting the draw out this year.

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
I am really interested to see the changes in draw odds/points needed. There were lots of tags cut between deer and antelope (which should increase point creep), but conversely, I imagine that many people are sitting the draw out this year.
Yeah this is what im most curious about, whether i draw or not, i could see it going either way.

I could also see an unexpected redistribution of WHERE people are applying. We might see some traditionally lower point units get hit with larger number of applicants, but it’s all conjecture.

Rich M

WKR
Yeah this is what im most curious about, whether i draw or not, i could see it going either way.

I could also see an unexpected redistribution of WHERE people are applying. We might see some traditionally lower point units get hit with larger number of applicants, but it’s all conjecture.

Yup - we'll know in another week or so. This year could be a real anomaly with the applications.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider

I live in wyoming and watched the commission. It will be interesting and I feel it will be a great year for people to draw a deer. In some areas they are ditching the APR point restrictions and just going antlered as they believe its time to do away with that for now

Whitetail deer tags increased a lot, again this year as well.

wytx

WKR
Hoping for WT tag and then a general deer license too.
Pronghorn are doing quite nicely in our applied for area too.
Range is as green as I've ever seen it right mow.
A LQ elk license would be nice too, cow are OTC for our area.

Good luck folks.

Waiting here also on both mule deer and antelope, but my hopes are not high this year, have to wait and see what happens, hunt is lined up. and all the particulars are in place, been spending range time just in case. But if no draw got a backup plan for Maryland eastern shore sika hunt. Good luck to all on the draw.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Waiting here also on both mule deer and antelope, but my hopes are not high this year, have to wait and see what happens, hunt is lined up. and all the particulars are in place, been spending range time just in case. But if no draw got a backup plan for Maryland eastern shore sika hunt. Good luck to all on the draw.
@long hunter , did you apply for the NR Full Price or the Special ?

Laramie

WKR
Hoping for WT tag and then a general deer license too.
Pronghorn are doing quite nicely in our applied for area too.
Range is as green as I've ever seen it right mow.
A LQ elk license would be nice too, cow are OTC for our area.

Good luck folks.
That valley looks green but the numbers aren't anywhere near where they were even a few years ago.

Give it a break, no one ask for anything except how things looked out that way. But if you know where there are few 180 class mule deer hanging out let me know O.K. GPS coordinates also would be nice, perhaps some pictures of them that way I can pick out the one I would like to go after and post the rest for the other guys.