Wyoming youth mule deer

Nwernig

FNG
My son turned 11 this summer and knows that he can now put in for Wyoming mule deer next year. Started looking at different parts of the state, stats on WF&G, etc…. He’s not wanting to go for a Giant but I want him to have a chance at success. I was looking at Regions M & W because it’s seems that he could draw them sooner then later. Any advice?
Also, region W had some youth only licenses on the info page…. Do all the regions do this or is it unique?
Appreciate your time!

bgipson

FNG
My son turned 11 this summer and knows that he can now put in for Wyoming mule deer next year. Started looking at different parts of the state, stats on WF&G, etc…. He’s not wanting to go for a Giant but I want him to have a chance at success. I was looking at Regions M & W because it’s seems that he could draw them sooner then later. Any advice?
Also, region W had some youth only licenses on the info page…. Do all the regions do this or is it unique?
Appreciate your time!
As far as I'm aware, W is the only region with a youth hunt however there are different regs for youth that allow them to shoot a doe. Not that it sounds like something you're particularly interested in.

OP
N

Nwernig

FNG
bgipson…. Thanks for the response. That’s the only unit that I saw anything about youth myself. It said any deer and gave them a couple extra days.

OP
N

Nwernig

FNG
Slayer....thanks for the response. I have looked at G and am buying preference points so that my brother and I can hunt it eventually. My concern with my son is that this would be his 1st western style hunt.... I am thinking that G might be a little too much to cut his teeth on in regards to the terrain. I will definitely look into it more with him in mind though