Wyoming unit 30 for a gimp?

Sled

WKR
I made a bit of a mistake and left my app in for unit 30 thinking I'd be good to go. Recently I found out I'd need back surgery this summer/fall and not likely able to hunt away from the truck. I could probably pull it off with a treesspass fee or guide service but I'm not able to pay the $3k for a guide just to hunt. That leaves searching out a landowner or turning the tag back in to get my points back. How difficult is it to secure access in 30 that will allow close to the road shots? What's the typical trespass fee?

j_volt

WKR
That stinks. I do not know anything about trespass fees, but just an FYI, your points are gone.

Kurts86

WKR
Why not hunt close to the roads on the unit’s HMA’s or some of the small state chunks? They have some road access it looks like at a glance.

wytx

WKR
Back surgery may be enough of a medical issue to get your PP back and turn that tag back in. Contact the G&F in Cheyenne if you think that is the best route to go.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Why not hunt close to the roads on the unit’s HMA’s or some of the small state chunks? They have some road access it looks like at a glance.

That was my original plan. I wanted to apply for a few HMAs and walk in. I don't want to take somebody's spot by applying if I won't be able to hunt it. I could get lucky with something next to the road on the way in though.