Wyoming Region L mule deer

rtoreson

FNG
Hey All,

I've been a bunch of desktop research on potential mule deer hunts in WY for next season. I want to find a general region where I can secure a deer tag with my second choice and still get a preference point. I would also like to burn my 7 antelope points at the same time and in the same area. I'm willing to pay the extra dough to help secure the tags. After some digging I keep coming back to Region L. Problem is that I have never set foot in that area. I have hunted in Region D before but it appears I can no longer get that tag with my second choice. I kind of prefer the more desert style hunt and I'm not afraid to put miles on my boots. I'm just trying to figure out if what I would find in the Region L area for deer and lopes would be worth the 20+ hour drive to get there? I just like being out there hunting but finding some critters would be nice. I have some decent knowledge of Unit 34 in WY and also the bookcliffs area in UT if anyone needs some help with those areas. Feel free to PM me.
Thx,
Brian

BH2010

FNG
I've never done mule deer before, but it seems like building points with second choice picks is going to get harder if not impossible soon. Even the undesirable units and regions have more first-choice applications than tags.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk