Wyoming museums

WKR
Wyoming has two really good museums: the National Museum of Military Vehicles in Dubois and the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody. I’ve enjoyed these two more than the Smithsonians in DC. If you haven’t been, you’re missing out.

My wife and I just made another trip to Cody and visited the BBCOTW this past weekend. I always enjoy it.

“Liver Eatin’” Johnston’s .56 Hawken and Sheffield Bowie:

Attachments

• IMG_4064.jpeg
    IMG_4064.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4066.jpeg
    IMG_4066.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 22

grfox92

WKR
We have a family membership at BBCOTW and go very often. I've been there over 100 times and I still find stuff every now and then that I've never seen before. If you are going to go, I'd recommend taking two to three days minimum if you really want to see it all.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I was actually just looking into WY museums, I have tags in WY/MT with a week gap in between. BBCOTW looks awesome. I was also considering the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson.

TaperPin

WKR
I don’t know what’s currently available, but as a student at UW in Laramie, it was fun looking at the displays many of the departments had of historical stuff from dinosaurs to the dude with an axle pin in the noggin. I keep watching the state historian talking about guns on you tube, Cheyenne may have something.

mntnguide

WKR
The Military vehicle museum in Dubois is incredible. Over 10 million dollar gun collection spanning every decade as long back as guns go. And the amount of history and how its put together is truly incredible. Privately funded museum and the owner himself still gives full tours and its his entire collection that is on display. Ive been 3 times, and will go back again cause they are always updating and changing things.

TxLite

WKR
We had a great time at the dinosaur museum in Glenrock. Got to go behind the scenes with a private tour (nobody else was there) and see them cleaning up fossils discovered in the area. They’ve got the real fossils on display instead of casts like most museums I’ve been to. We also got to hold T-Rex teeth. Really awesome stop if you are in the area.