Wyoming HB0200

Wyobull

FNG
Not that any NR needs more to hate about Wyoming and the Non resident system. This failed the first time it was presented and has been brought back by Rep Sommers. As a Wyoming resident this pisses me off, I can only imagine those NR thoughts.
If this gets thru NR tags will see an average increase of up to 200%. Call, write, email all of the mentioned. Do something or Wyoming will be a place like Utah where only the wealthy can hunt.

Hopefully our resident friends who's votes matter will come through again! But I'll email again for good measure

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
If you are hunting another state you're not poor. Heck the amount I put out in just attempting to draw other states, i.e. Nevada, is more than a current WY NR deer license. I don't think the price increase needs to be so substantial, but a price increase is not out of line either.

Wyoming's system treats NR just fine compared to other western states. The only state that treats NR just as well would be Colorado. My Colorado deer license last year was around $420, plus $97 for a license just to apply.

Last edited:
If you are hunting another state you're not poor. Heck the amount I put out in just attempting to draw other states, i.e. Nevada, is more than a current WY NR deer license. I don't think the price increase needs to be so substantial, but a price increase is not out of line either.

Wyoming's system treats NR just fine compared to other western states. The only state that treats NR just as well would be Colorado. My Colorado deer license last year was around $420, plus $97 for a license just to apply.
You do know Wyoming is the most expensive state non refundable to apply and build points in for a non res?

This stuff isn’t worth complaining about. It is what it is. Non res are dumb if they don’t see the writing on the wall. Just make sure you non res keep donating to all the con orgs, go fund me’s, etc.

tdhanses

WKR

What state is more expensive currently than WY for NR? I think, could be wrong but doesn’t WY have the least amount of NR opportunities for NR out of any state as well or close to it?

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
What state is more expensive currently than WY for NR? I think, could be wrong but doesn’t WY have the least amount of NR opportunities for NR out of any state as well or close to it?
Wyoming splits 80/20 for deer and antelope., 84/16 for elk, and just recently passed 90/10 for moose/sheep/mtn goat/bison. I believe Idaho, NM, NV and Utah are either 10% or up to 10% for all species. Colorado splits are better for NR for D/E/A and 10% for mtn goat/sheep/moose. I have no idea for Montana.

As far as prices go for D/E/A: Colorado is more expensive on all 3, Utah more expensive on all 3, NV D/E more expensive with A being less, and Idaho is more expensive for D/A but not E. Montana unknown.

sheep/moose/mtn goat.: Idaho was more expensive on all 3. Utah more expensive except Bighorn Sheep. Colorado more expensive for moose/mtn goat, but not BH Sheep. NV less on BH Sheep and don't offer mtn goat or moose. Unknown for Montana.

I don't have time to look up NM prices.

Last edited:

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
You do know Wyoming is the most expensive state non refundable to apply and build points in for a non res?
I don't apply for WY as a NR. I know they are expensive for BH/Moose for points. I have no clue on D/E/A for point cost. I was referring to splits and species license costs when I said we treat NR just fine.

LostArra

WKR
Huh? >>Seventy‑five (75) of the nonresident deer licenses set aside pursuant to this subsection shall be used for a national bow hunt for deer.<< This sounds fishy.

Delusional: >>
Nonresident grizzly bear license; one (1) grizzly bear............................ $7,500.00

Fitzwho

WKR
There's several threads ongoing about this subject. The increases for D/E/A outlined in this bill are the proposed Special License application fee increases (along with OIL species tag increased). It will make a Special Elk tag over $2000, and deer and antelope both total about $1200.

The Grizzly tag license fee increasing even though they haven't ever been able to actually issue a tag is silly, but the price is still quite a bit cheaper than a grizzly hunt in Alaska (about half actually).

tdhanses

WKR
Wyoming splits 80/20 for deer and antelope., 84/16 for elk, and just recently passed 90/10 for moose/sheep/mtn goat/bison. I believe Idaho, NM, NV and Utah are either 10% or up to 10% for all species. Colorado splits are better for NR for D/E/A and 10% for mtn goat/sheep/moose. I have no idea for Montana.

As far as prices go for D/E/A: Colorado is more expensive on all 3, Utah more expensive on all 3, NV D/E more expensive with A being less, and Idaho is more expensive for D/A but not E. Montana unknown.

sheep/moose/mtn goat.: Idaho was more expensive on all 3. Utah more expensive except Bighorn Sheep. Colorado more expensive for moose/mtn goat, but not BH Sheep. NV less on BH Sheep and don't offer mtn goat or moose. Unknown for Montana.

I don't have time to look up NM prices.
Yeah but they all give out way more tags I believe, WY only gives out 7,250 elk tags, which is a fraction of what many states give to NR.

Elk in CO is just north of $700, an elk/deer combo in MT is around $1100 last I looked, WY elk std cost alone was around the same as CO, maybe a tad higher but 40% of the 7,250 tags in WY used to cost just under $1300.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
7250 is the initial NR LQ quota, they also give out reduced price and leftover licenses. If I remember correctly they gave out close to 13,000.

Huh? >>Seventy‑five (75) of the nonresident deer licenses set aside pursuant to this subsection shall be used for a national bow hunt for deer.
Delusional: >>
Nonresident grizzly bear license; one (1) grizzly bear............................ $7,500.00

I am still trying to figure what they mean by a national bow hunt for deer. Confused.

And is it 75% of the remaining 60%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk