Wyoming HB0200

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Was that expected? What is the next step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is widely expected to pass in the full house, full senate and then be signed by the governor.

Wyoming needs the money because they are losing NR money with 90-10 on big 5. AND because of the transition squared bonus points (which is also passing now). They have to replace that money somehow and they would rather get it from NRs of course.

If you are hunting another state you're not poor. Heck the amount I put out in just attempting to draw other states, i.e. Nevada, is more than a current WY NR deer license. I don't think the price increase needs to be so substantial, but a price increase is not out of line either.

Wyoming's system treats NR just fine compared to other western states. The only state that treats NR just as well would be Colorado. My Colorado deer license last year was around $420, plus $97 for a license just to apply.
Not necessarily. But, with price increases, it will whittle out another tier of hunters that now see it as being too expensive.

What will end up happening is the NR "wealthy elite" will pick up the tab and solidify their own public hunt club...

It is widely expected to pass in the full house, full senate and then be signed by the governor.

Wyoming needs the money because they are losing NR money with 90-10 on big 5. AND because of the transition squared bonus points (which is also passing now). They have to replace that money somehow and they would rather get it from NRs of course.

Bummer. No elk in Wyoming is worth that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
HB0200 passed house today, 43:19. 70%of house voted in favor.

Just a senate vote and a gov signature from this new fee structure.

Way to go Wyoming. Other states are going to follow your lead.

This is going to have some major repercussions. I am surprised the outfitters haven’t said anything. This is going to affect their operations. Sad day.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wyoming splits 80/20 for deer and antelope., 84/16 for elk, and just recently passed 90/10 for moose/sheep/mtn goat/bison. I believe Idaho, NM, NV and Utah are either 10% or up to 10% for all species. Colorado splits are better for NR for D/E/A and 10% for mtn goat/sheep/moose. I have no idea for Montana.

As far as prices go for D/E/A: Colorado is more expensive on all 3, Utah more expensive on all 3, NV D/E more expensive with A being less, and Idaho is more expensive for D/A but not E. Montana unknown.

sheep/moose/mtn goat.: Idaho was more expensive on all 3. Utah more expensive except Bighorn Sheep. Colorado more expensive for moose/mtn goat, but not BH Sheep. NV less on BH Sheep and don't offer mtn goat or moose. Unknown for Montana.

I don't have time to look up NM prices.
You've got a helluva lot better chance of drawing a moose/ sheep/ goat tag in Idaho than you ever will in Wyoming. Idaho also doesn't tie your money up for 5 months waiting on draw results either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk