Wyoming Grizzlies are REAL!

High griz population never seemed to hurt elk numbers where I've hunted.
Wolves definitely have.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
There is a reason those tags are leftover and you experienced it.
Nah, the real reason is because most resident hunters wont put in for a type 9 tag in a GEN area and give up a whole season of hunting just to gain the first 14 days before GEN season opens. Now for a Non-Res, those areas take 6pts to draw and will likely continue to do so. We went two years in a row, but wont be trying again. Its too sketchy on where the elk will be with the Griz and Wolves both. Should draw a GEN tag in 2024 anyway.

Nah, the real reason is because most resident hunters wont put in for a type 9 tag in a GEN area and give up a whole season of hunting just to gain the first 14 days before GEN season opens. Now for a Non-Res, those areas take 6pts to draw and will likely continue to do so. We went two years in a row, but wont be trying again. Its too sketchy on where the elk will be with the Griz and Wolves both. Should draw a GEN tag in 2024 anyway.

Last edited:
OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
I really doubt that is the case. It's no secret in WY if you strike out in the draw, go to the leftovers in the high griz areas. The french sounding town is a great place to kick off from.
Of course its the case. Not ONE non-resident tag is leftover. Its obviously the residents that arent buying them. Plenty of pressure from locals in the area come 09/15 two years in a row. If they cared about the Type 9 , they would draw it. Most dont care, hence the leftovers. Its only NR's that look for that tag.

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Really cool experience to see those critters up close. They are sure Purdy. That picture is of a yearling or subadult. Crazy highlights on that one. To think you heard wolves is so cool. Sounds like a very wild and untamed experience.

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
One of my buddies here in Montana had to shoot one the other day. Charged him into his cabin and then killed his dog. He ran out and put buckshot in the back of its head as it was chowing on his dog. Then he put a 250 grain slug up his butt, it dropped him but it got back up and ran away. Still no dead grizz yet.

One of my buddies here in Montana had to shoot one the other day. Charged him into his cabin and then killed his dog. He ran out and put buckshot in the back of its head as it was chowing on his dog. Then he put a 250 grain slug up his butt, it dropped him but it got back up and ran away. Still no dead grizz yet.

Jimney crickets…you hear about that one one kodiak that busted into a family’s house? Dude killed it in their hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Really cool experience to see those critters up close. They are sure Purdy. That picture is of a yearling or subadult. Crazy highlights on that one. To think you heard wolves is so cool. Sounds like a very wild and untamed experience.
You think this one is a subadult? It was absolutely a monster in real life. What about it tells you its a young bear?