Wyoming Application help

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Hey fellas, just a quick question about wyoming application. With the new regions on the app, am I correct in my understanding that for a general (nonresident) tag application, you ONLY use the letter of the region and do not use an area number?? I apologize if I'm an idiot or if some of you think this is an incompetent question, but I really don't want to screw up the application and have it tossed out!

Thanks

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Apply for animal and if you want to apply for a general tag instead of a LE tag, pick which region. WGFD website is the best one and it explains everything. If you are still confused call them. They are glad to help

Furthermore....If I select "E" to apply for a NR General License in the East Region, and I intend to hunt the archery season in September, I do not/can not select a "Type", is that correct? And is that for Bull Only or Any Elk?
Simple questions I'm sure but this is my first application in WY and I confused myself trying to find this detail.
Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Mojave

WKR
The bull only or any elk will depend on the unit, you will have to refer to the game proclamation for that information or the website.

Thank you Mojave. I thought that was the explanation but my assumptions usually prove wrong. I am a little gun shy on this app because I did try to apply once before and I screwed it up somehow and missed out on a hunting trip.

wapitibob

WKR
Furthermore....If I select "E" to apply for a NR General License in the East Region, and I intend to hunt the archery season in September, I do not/can not select a "Type", is that correct? And is that for Bull Only or Any Elk?
Simple questions I'm sure but this is my first application in WY and I confused myself trying to find this detail.
Thanks in advance for any clarification.

picking a region will blank out the type options

Yes, the type options were blanked out just like the instructions said. But that is what threw me off since one of my partners applied the day before and then told me I wanted to get a Type 1 tag. Then I started overthinking why they were blanked out.

fwafwow

WKR
Good question OP. Each time I think I have my first WY app figured out, I realize I don’t. The area I’m hoping to hunt doesn’t appear to be in the W region for a regional tag, which took me some time to figure out.