Wyoming 2023 general party application

Just to pipe in here. As a resident, I really don’t see is changing tag allocations for elk, deer and antelope. The only way that will happen is if there are vouchers given and outfitter only tags. Not to go down a soap box, none of these things will fix anything. If you don’t have to go you can bank your points. Yes they are talking a price increase.
Drew a deer tag last year with 3 points. Lots of hunters and very few deer. Ran into a couple of parties of locals that didn’t have much good to say about how the draws were being done. Sentiment was that the Wyoming DNR was money hungry and were issuing way too many tags for the amount of deer/Elk. I won’t be buying any more deer points unless they change the season to be closer to the rut. Lots of money to spend on a hiking trip!

Drew a deer tag last year with 3 points. Lots of hunters and very few deer. Ran into a couple of parties of locals that didn’t have much good to say about how the draws were being done. Sentiment was that the Wyoming DNR was money hungry and were issuing way too many tags for the amount of deer/Elk. I won’t be buying any more deer points unless they change the season to be closer to the rut. Lots of money to spend on a hiking trip!
I don’t blame you there. Sadly I don’t see that happening anytime. When I have talked with biologists/wardens they just say that won’t happen. I won’t disagree with the little deer. Deer is one that I will agree that there can be more tags allocated in areas where they should not be. Our deer populations are really suffering. This winter isn’t helping any either.