WY-First Mule Deer

OP
FlareBlitz91

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Great Buck, Congrats! My most memorable hunts were with my Dad, sure miss him.
I hear ya. My dad had me young so he’s only 20 years my senior but my grandpa, who had a huge influence on the both of us as outdoorsmen, passed a couple years back and was in bad health for a long time before that.

I keep that in mind when my dads on my nerves with his pissing and moaning about the terrain. Dude will cover miles and miles in the big woods of Northern WI in snow, mud, whatever, but throw some elevation at him and suddenly it’s insurmountable lol (he does it he just complains about it).

OP
FlareBlitz91

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck! Glad to see last winter didnt get them all!
Yeah, I’m all too acquainted that last years winter kill, this particular region didn’t get hammered though and there are a LOT of does and fawns.

My dad ended up taking a doe a couple days later, after a close opportunity that didn’t pan out on a small buck.

We had a couple more days for him to hunt potentially but the weather turned warm and anxiety about the meat in the cooler was starting to set in.

KHNC

WKR
Yeah, I’m all too acquainted that last years winter kill, this particular region didn’t get hammered though and there are a LOT of does and fawns.

My dad ended up taking a doe a couple days later, after a close opportunity that didn’t pan out on a small buck.

We had a couple more days for him to hunt potentially but the weather turned warm and anxiety about the meat in the cooler was starting to set in.
Well thats awesome! And if they allowed does to be taken, definitely must not have been too bad there. Thats great news.

OP
FlareBlitz91

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Well thats awesome! And if they allowed does to be taken, definitely must not have been too bad there. Thats great news.
Yeah it’s not region wide but in a couple of the areas it’s “Any deer,” and it was not that way when i was here previously.