WY Elk Guide suggestions

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry OP! Didn’t mean to hijack your thread! I don’t have any experience with hunting on private ground in wyoming. I’ve hunted leased ground with bear track outfitters but that’s about it. Good luck!

OP
B

Bghunter

FNG
I don't think you hijacked at all. It is all about sharing information and I am learning from your question and responses too.
I wish I had luck and could draw a random tag, but my luck sucks. Lol

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think you hijacked at all. It is all about sharing information and I am learning from your question and responses too.
I wish I had luck and could draw a random tag, but my luck sucks. Lol
Same here on the luck sir! I probably won’t even get a tag with five points in the special lol hopefully the economy and fuel prices will slow some people down on tag applications for the 2023 season

Suggest your buddy to buy a preference point and then apply for the NR special general tag. He might get lucky in the random draw.

Odds are low, but it can happen. First hand experience, my buddy drew a NR special general this year with 0 points...
Why didn’t I think of that! It’s definitely the way to go. I had 2 friends in the past 3 years draw general licenses with zero points.

OP
B

Bghunter

FNG
I got lucky last year and drew a mule deer tag with only one point by having another guy from the outfitter sharing his points.

If I had luck I would put in the random for a sheep tag, but I would have better luck at winning the lottery lol

999delta

FNG
After reading some of the replies here, I'm thinking I need to buy a lottery ticket. My Son, a friend of his and I put in for WY elk general bull tags this year and got tags with 0 points. Were booked with Buffalo Mountain Outfitters for the end of Oct.

After reading some of the replies here, I'm thinking I need to buy a lottery ticket. My Son, a friend of his and I put in for WY elk general bull tags this year and got tags with 0 points. Were booked with Buffalo Mountain Outfitters for the end of Oct.
Congrats! Be sure to let us know how it goes.