Sold WTT Fieldcraft 6mm 21” for 6mm 18” threaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I know this is probably a huge stretch and won’t happen, but figured I’d try.

I have a 21” Fieldcraft in 6mm with <50 shots fired. I’ve recently decided I’d like to start shooting suppressed for the sake of my ears, but more so my young children’s ears.

If someone has an 18” threaded Fieldcraft in 6mm creed, I’d love to trade!

I am not interested in other caliber Fieldcrafts. Thanks!

AKredneck63

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Take to a reputable gunsmith and have cut to length and threaded. That’s what I did with my 30-06 fieldcraft

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
He has a guy who owns a 6mm threaded Fieldcraft?
I don’t think that’s what he meant but you can thread it 1/2-28 and add a permanent/seamless 5/8-24 adapter with plenty of shoulder for direct thread. Like this.

Attachments

• E8193A11-D5FA-4FAE-8E6D-38BEB005ADCF.jpeg
    E8193A11-D5FA-4FAE-8E6D-38BEB005ADCF.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 62
OP
A

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I don’t think that’s what he meant but you can thread it 1/2-28 and add a permanent/seamless 5/8-24 adapter with plenty of shoulder for direct thread. Like this.
Got it. Yeah I know I can do that but I’d prefer not to for a few different reasons.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That looks much better than some,more streamlined.If running suppressor you don’t notice but without it looks kind off wonky.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that an off the shelf or custom adapter? Info please.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Yeah I wouldn’t cut it down if I were you, that would decrease the value by $500 on the resale.
You’ll be like the guys that had a m70 pre 64 in a 22 hornet and decided to drill and tap for side mounts 60 years ago, it was a good idea back then, but I’m sure they wished they didn’t do that today. Just keep looking, maybe something will show up.

OP
A

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Yep, agreed on cutting/threading. Further, I don’t want adaptors to run 5/8x24

gtriple

WKR
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah I wouldn’t cut it down if I were you, that would decrease the value by $500 on the resale.
You’ll be like the guys that had a m70 pre 64 in a 22 hornet and decided to drill and tap for side mounts 60 years ago, it was a good idea back then, but I’m sure they wished they didn’t do that today. Just keep looking, maybe something will show up.
I don't agree that it would decrease the resale. I actually think it would probably increase it enough to cover the gunsmithing based on what the shorter, threaded versions sell for on Gunbroker.

If you happen to use a TBAC suppressor, TBAC will thread it with a 9x16-24 and install a CB brake that indexes off of the face instead of the shoulder. That is what they recommend for the smaller profiles.

I'm about to send my 6.5CM to TBAC to chop it from 21" to 16" and add the brake. Then I'm chopping the stock to shorten the LOP.

Edit: Or get an exact matching profile barrel from Lilja in the configuration you want. Shouldn't even have to rebed.

OP
A

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I don't agree that it would decrease the resale. I actually think it would probably increase it enough to cover the gunsmithing based on what the shorter, threaded versions sell for on Gunbroker.

If you happen to use a TBAC suppressor, TBAC will thread it with a 9x16-24 and install a CB brake that indexes off of the face instead of the shoulder. That is what they recommend for the smaller profiles.

I'm about to send my 6.5CM to TBAC to chop it from 21" to 16" and add the brake. Then I'm chopping the stock to shorten the LOP.

Edit: Or get an exact matching profile barrel from Lilja in the configuration you want. Shouldn't even have to rebed.
I’m ordering a direct thread TBAC, so don’t want to go through all that. Plus, I do think it’ll lower resale compared to an original.

Regarding Lilja, I don’t think it’s an exact fit. The one person here I know who re-barreled with it still needed to do a re-bedding job.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m ordering a direct thread TBAC, so don’t want to go through all that. Plus, I do think it’ll lower resale compared to an original.

Regarding Lilja, I don’t think it’s an exact fit. The one person here I know who re-barreled with it still needed to do a re-bedding job.
I got to one re-barreled to 280ai threaded to 1/2x28 and run an adapter and a TB ultra 7 direct thread. I like the factory threaded but not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.