Worst beer you ever drank?

Mosby

WKR
I'm bored. Whats the worst beer you ever drank?

Worst beer I ever drank was Sierra in 1980 or 1981 at a TKE house at a small college in PA. I couldn't finish the cup. It was god awful and I wasn't particular back then. Its funny what you remember sometimes and I still remember that beer. I think they had horses in the back of the brewery filling the kegs.

Lost Lake is pretty awful. As is Milwaukee Select. Worst Beer I've ever had though, if you could call it beer, was a friend's home brew that tasted like Apple Cider Vinegar with probably a 13% ABV.

AKDoc

WKR
This is a good distraction thread...thank you! A tough question being asked because beer is the 8th wonder of the world!

The worse beer I've ever drank? Well...hmmmm, that kind of depends on the situation and context. Some really crummy beers have tasted pretty ok to me in certain circumstances in my life....hmmmm....kind of embarrassing as I think of it, but true.

Ok, I've got one. My wife and I were in Cusco, Peru (elevation 11,200) for several days. On the whole, the Peruvian beer tasted pretty unpleasant to me...well, actually pretty nasty to me...perhaps it was the elevation because I really didn't drink much, but the beer was noticeably, oddly carbonated, i.e., a very pronounced and slightly delayed "fizzy" aftertaste to me. Definitely the worse beer I ever drank...sorry Peruvians...I really enjoyed being there!

BTW...someone mentioned a Croatian beer as their choice. My wife and I were in Dubrovnik, Croatia ten years ago, and we had Karvolacko (on tap) while having lunch outside in the sun after hiking the perimeter of the city, and it was pretty darn good!

Some of the shit I brewed 30 years ago was pretty horrible, like probably almost as bad as Foster’s Lager, but I drank it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR
1st place. Fosters in the green cans
2nd place. Corona in the clear bottles
3rd place. Tecate...party with Mexican coworkers

Honorable mentions for other grenades, are too many to list. But those three were horrible for me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I can pretty much drink any beer, but the worst was probably Anchor in Cambodia, drank it on ice since there is limited refrideration in that country. Angkor is a step up from Anchor.

But again its hard to say, I've been all over the world (literally) and managed to find beer everywhere I went....Stale Indio in Mexico is rough but doable, Warm beer Leo in China (that shit isnt even from china) is something that gets better after a few.

Actually, some of the rot gut "keg beer" in western china, pigiu its called, is pretty ******* rough.

EDIT: the beer I was trying to describe Jzhapi, is just random beer that you have absolutely no idea whatt it is or where it came from, It gets you lit up nice and proper but sometimes its pretty ******* gross.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
Rolling Rock is a good beer!
Iron City is kinda rough. Yeah, I grew up in Pittsburgh and still couldn’t get used to it.

A couple gluten free varieties are the worst I have tried: Daura and Fox Tail

Gennessee and Keystone Ice are not far behind

Rolling Rock is a good beer!
Iron City is kinda rough. Yeah, I grew up in Pittsburgh and still couldn’t get used to it.
This right here is why I love this thread, it proves there are no bad beers, only different tastes. My answer to the worst beer I’ve ever had is Rolling Rock. I just can’t get it down.
I do get down to PA quite often for work and I’ve always enjoyed Iron City when I can find it. Certainly no where near my favorite, but not bad

Wapiti1

WKR
Rainier

Any of the sour beers like Lagunitas Aunt Sally. I just can't like that vinegar finish of those.

Lastly, any of the many homebrews that I made that were off due to infection or just a bad idea.

Jeremy

BAKPAKR

WKR
1st place. Fosters in the green cans
2nd place. Corona in the clear bottles
3rd place. Tecate...party with Mexican coworkers

Honorable mentions for other grenades, are too many to list. But those three were horrible for me.

I had a Tecate during a pitstop at the Phantom Ranch in the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a 90+ degree day. At that time, and under those circumstances, I thought it was the best beer I had ever tasted 😀

Yuengling Oktoberfest is high on my list of worst beers.

Superdoo

WKR
“Good Ass Beer” is ironically one of the worst I’ve ever had. It’s up there with Rockdale Light, which is private label beer from Walmart.
They both suck pretty hard.

sram9102

WKR
Boxer has to be at the top of my list. Buddies and I bought a few cases for a party once in college and couldn't give it away. It was rough.

Kirkland Light, Costco's brands is pretty awful as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk