Women's back pack

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Planning to bring my wife on her first elk hunt in CO this fall (I drew, she didn't unfortunately but at least one of us have a tag as planned). She's never been so needs all the typical gear. We're planning on camping from truck so day hikes are all we're doing but I will need help packing out so it needs a meat shelf. She's 5' 8" and 130 so slim frame so I don't think any men's frames would fit her well. Wondering if yall have any recommendations for what your wives (or your women) have had good fit with. Of note we live in Louisiana so there's no way we can try on before buying.
Also curious about recommendations if we do end up backpacking in though I'm not sure she's up for that on her first trip.

If it's to be used primarily as a day pack, I would say look at the Mystery Ranch Womens Pop Up 28. Its big enough for all she'll need for a day hunt, plus with it's overload shelf, she can help with the pack out, if she so chooses.

Last edited:

mlgc20

WKR
My 15 year old daughter has the womens version of the EXO K3 3200. She loves it. It can certainly handle all the weight she will ever be able to physically carry.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has a stone glacier bag. We stopped in the store and they got it adjusted just right for her. The biggest thing was getting it to fit her hips correctly.

My 15 year old daughter uses a Kifaru Shapecharge , we put meat in game bags and drop them in them in her pack.

My wife has the MR womens metcalf and it seems to work for her but she has a different shape than your wife. It’s big for a day pack, but compresses down fairly well, not great but pretty good. She likes to take lots of snacks and extra clothes so the larger size works well for her.

OP
L

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
If it's to be used primarily as a day pack, I would say look at the Mystery Ranch Womens Pop Up 28. Its big enough for all she'll need for a day hunt, plus with it's overload shelf, she can help with the pack out, if she so chooses.
Yeah thats the one we've been looking at the most. Thanks for the other responses, giving us more to look into.