Wolf populations

flanman85

FNG
I’m looking for some recent information regarding large wolf populations that have been noticed near sheep areas with some sort of regularity in the recent past. I was planning on doing another sheep hunt this year but I’m switching my primary target to wolves with sheep as a secondary goal. Still gets me out I guess. And I have never been fast enough to whack a wolf so I’m itching to get one. Any suggestions would be helpful.

LoggerDan

WKR
I know it’s not a realistic option, given your location, but POW is having a heckuva time with wolves. Running around Craig, snatching dogs out of logging camps, enjoying special attention from the folks in k-town. I remember just a few years back, we had CAT 7 hooked up to a Thunderbird yarder to the rear and a doosan shovel cat strapped to the front, walking down a steep grade, and by damn they ran right in front of the shovel, two of them, and watched for about ten seconds. Blew me away.

OP
flanman85

flanman85

FNG
Well currently things changed after draw results... Looks like this will be a busy year for me. My ole lady drew the Afognak elk tag, I drew the DM766 moose tag and another goat tag.. so let the party begin again!