WTB Winchester model 70 featherweight .270 winchester

Liftman101

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have one that I bought here a few months back as unfired in the box. I got it, add a picatinny rail and fired 20 rounds. I really wanted a wood stocked rifle but I just shoot my Barrett Fieldcraft .270 better. My friend thinks the Winchester is the better rifle.

It is a 1980 vintage with the box and original tags. Gorgeous but not perfect as it turns out he had stored it in a gun safe so it has a few dings in the stock. Comes with some engraved 1" direct mount rings as well. Asking $1300 shipped.

Call Ted if interested in details or pics 4149153739.

OP
Western Hunter270
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have one that I bought here a few months back as unfired in the box. I got it, add a picatinny rail and fired 20 rounds. I really wanted a wood stocked rifle but I just shoot my Barrett Fieldcraft .270 better. My friend thinks the Winchester is the better rifle.

It is a 1980 vintage with the box and original tags. Gorgeous but not perfect as it turns out he had stored it in a gun safe so it has a few dings in the stock. Comes with some engraved 1" direct mount rings as well. Asking $1300 shipped.

Call Ted if interested in details or pics 4149153739.
I sent you a text.

LaGriz

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a late model CRF Model 70 in the Gun Library at Cabela's in Gonzolas La. It's used but in very good shape. Not sure but. it may be the classic and not the Featherweight. Was listed at a very decent price point when I last saw it. Has a plain but nice walnut stock. I was tempted to rescue it, but already own a .280 Rem Mt. Rifle that is very close in configuration. The .280 has proven itself to me to do all that a 270 can do with a heavier .284 high BC bullet. Good luck with your search!

LaGriz

OP
Western Hunter270
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They have a late model CRF Model 70 in the Gun Library at Cabela's in Gonzolas La. It's used but in very good shape. Not sure but. it may be the classic and not the Featherweight. Was listed at a very decent price point when I last saw it. Has a plain but nice walnut stock. I was tempted to rescue it, but already own a .280 Rem Mt. Rifle that is very close in configuration. The .280 has proven itself to me to do all that a 270 can do with a heavier .284 high BC bullet. Good luck with your search!

LaGriz
Thanks. I appreciate it

LaGriz

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holly Jack O'Conner! A pre-64 in .270 Win, you should absolutely look into it. My 1955 M-70 FW in .358 Win. has become a favorite and most prized rifle. The French walnut stock is finely checkered and fits me so well. Only accurate rifles are interesting, and mine groups factory ammo at 1"or less. This one could be a rifle you can't live without. Forgive me, I just get a little sappy over these pre-64's.

LaGriz

OP
Western Hunter270
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know, Jack O'Conner is the reason I want a featherweight. I've always been a .270 fan boy(it was my first rifle) and have owned more than my fair share but I've always read of O'Conner and still never owned a featherweight somehow. I'm gonna change that hopefully.
Holly Jack O'Conner! A pre-64 in .270 Win, you should absolutely look into it. My 1955 M-70 FW in .358 Win. has become a favorite and most prized rifle. The French walnut stock is finely checkered and fits me so well. Only accurate rifles are interesting, and mine groups factory ammo at 1"or less. This one could be a rifle you can't live without. Forgive me, I just get a little sappy over these pre-64's.

LaGriz
I know, Jack O'Conner is the reason I want a featherweight. I've always been a .270 fan boy(it was my first rifle) and have owned more than my fair share but I've always read of O'Conner and still never owned a featherweight somehow. I'm gonna change that hopefully.

ozyclint

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Classic rifle in a classic cartridge.
I love mine. Just got done cerakoting it and refinishing the stock. Looks brand new. What is one of these worth with CRF?

Jpterry

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have an early 1990s New Haven CRF Mod 70 FWT in 270 that's a 5 digit serial in wood/blued. Excellent near mint with a couple of very light safe bumps.

PM for pics if interested. Thx.