Winchester 70 extreme weather or savage 110 tactical ??

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
One of the guys at my local club is shooting a 110 Tactical Desert in 6mm Creedmoor. His is bone stock and he's holding just around 1 MOA at 600 yards. I don't recall if he was shooting factory or hand loads.

Both he and I were impressed with the performance. He said the stock is kinda lame but it's comfortable.

The 110 Tactical series is in the gap between the Savage Axis/Ruger Predator guns and the Ruger Precision/Tikka Tac A1/Savage Stealth.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Savages are typically very accurate. To me the are rough in every way and ugly as sin.

Model 70s may not be as out of the box accurate, but all mine have been plenty so; action and function are as refined as they come, and they are classily gorgeous. The Rifleman’s rifle is a very true moniker.

I’d pick the M70 every time between those two. Even an old push feed M70 over a Savage.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Rough, ugly, annoying blade in the trigger, and Savages also have a nasty habit of firing of dropping the firing pin when working the bolt hard. The firing pin is held back upon cocking by a round knob that rests in a recession the bolt. Work the bolt hard and it will sometimes pop out of the recess and can fire without touching the trigger.

KenLee

WKR
I wouldn't hunt with a model 70 if you gave me one. I'm too uncoordinated to "jump shoot" anything with a darn mauser style safety. Buy a rifle with the safety on top of the tang, where God intended it to be. Flip the safety off without losing your shooting grip.

jayhawk

WKR
Typically the only good thing people can say about Savage is "they're cheap and accurate". Everything else sucks.

I think those Extreme Weathers are as accurate as you'll ever need. And you just can't beat that Mauser action. It's even better than, dare I say it, a Christensen Arms action :oops:

KenLee

WKR
Typically the only good thing people can say about Savage is "they're cheap and accurate". Everything else sucks.

I think those Extreme Weathers are as accurate as you'll ever need. And you just can't beat that Mauser action. It's even better than, dare I say it, a Christensen Arms action :oops:
Heard enough of Chrtensen accuracy issues that its not hard to skip buying one of those

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
The new M70 rifles are very nice. As others have stated, while both rifles will likely be accurate, the new M70’s are far superior in fit and finish.

NMhunter92

Lil-Rokslider
I’m either gonna get 6.5 creedmoor or 6.5 prc

What rifle would you buy of the two above?
Win 70 extreme weather or savage 110 tactical

Any and all opinions welcomed !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winchester. I had an extreme weather in .270 and sold it like an idiot. I also got a savage and the action was horrible but shot well.

Unckebob

WKR
You could get a Savage Ultralite for around $100 more than the Winchester. I've shot a number of Winchester M70s and Savages. I must not be as picky on rifles because I have no idea how Winchesters are deemed far superior. But you won't find much Savage love because they aren't the cool guy Tikka or Grandads old M70. IMO I really like the new savage accufit stocks as off the shelf guns rarely fit anybody perfect. Then add an unknown optic and fit goes to hell fast.

I have two Savages and 1 M70. The Savages are tackdrivers, but the M70 holds its own and the action is much smoother.

I would buy the Winchester.