Wife arrow build

Prestjd

FNG
I'm needing some help picking arrows.

My wife is wanting to shoot 3 d and will be shooting 40# compound, 26.5" draw.

She has been currently shooting my 340 spine heavy foc, easton 5mm axis just playing around,but thought about ordering her some black eagles just not sure what diameter I want to go to, probably 500 spine

I need a budget friendly arrow for tac shoot coming up in spring , I'm open to vane ideas as well.

I'm about to order her a new rest and single pin. Any budget ideas on anything is appreciated. I didn't think she'd be as interested or I would have bought her a nicer set up last fall

One of the lightest options, if not the lightest will be Victory in the RIP XV or 3DHV, same shaft, different label. 500 spine is 5.1 gpi, not that cheap.

GT Ultralight/Velocity have both 600 (5.9) and 700(5.4) spine that would probably work at that draw length and weight. Ultralight shafts are 85ish a dozen in the .006.

BE Carnivore I guess you looked at ultra light spine is 5.9 gpi.

I'd probably look more to 600 spine.
Any 2 inch vane, I'd lean lower profile.

Below are some 500-700 spine options that are sub-7 gpi. I think 700 spine BE Outlaw or 600 spine ±.006" GT Velocity would be the best compromise between cost and low gpi at around $100/dozen fletched.
Screenshot_20230108-201534_Sheets.jpg

KMF

FNG
I like victory vforce/scheels vendetta for your application they are very affordable at $45 for half a dozen fletched and can be found on sale for $35 occasionally like shown in the chart above they are a 6.9 gpi but they are cost effective and I have had good luck with them in the past for similar applications.

KMF

FNG
Also I didn't see your comment about rest and single pin until now. If your thinking budget on the rest I like the qad hunter rest for around $55 they are hard to beat I used it for about 4 years on my old bow and never had an issue. As long as you aren't going on any pack in hunts with her if something goes wrong just use there lifetime warranty. As far as single pins go I would look into the classifieds here or facebook for sale groups. Not a huge fan of the hha optimizer even though it is one of the cheapest I would pay the extra 50 on a sight to get a used tetra or something similar I think it's worth it for sure.

OP
Prestjd

Prestjd

FNG
Thanks everyone. I ended up going a different route based on what was in stock and a great deal on some easton axis sport 600 spine.
I'm definitely saving the chart above on gpi.
I have a 1 pin trophy ridge sight and qad rest ordered.
I'll try some max hunter vanes just because that's what I'm shooting.

I acquired an arrow saw and a few jigs so about to try my first at fletching my own.

I'll probably get my wife and I new stabilizers.

After tac it might be time to for her a new bow. Save this cheap bear for my kids. If she likes the 1 pin I'll get her a spot hogg.

Thanks again, all your ideas and experience are welcome as I'm learning.