Wi-Fi Trail Cameras - Do they really exist?

Hello All,

I have acreage out in the thumb part of Michigan and have set up a solar-powered Wi-Fi repeater network so that people can use the internet anywhere on the property, especially because our cellular service totally sucks.

What I'd like to do is get a "true" Wi-Fi trail camera that can connect to my private Wi-Fi network running throughout the property (not create a Wi-Fi Direct connection between the trail camera & a phone - I do not want that). With the cameras connected to my private Wi-Fi network, I would like to livestream video back at my house (like a command center / security center) and see what's going on. Since I have a lot of property, this will also help give me insight regarding where the deer are moving without having to go out there and pull SD cards. I just don't have time for that and that's why I haven't opted for any cameras to date.

Before you ask - yes, I've considered & tried cellular cameras. Since the reception in my area sucks, they are useless.

I appreciate the feedback!

budmen

FNG
I would love to know what kind of wifi repeater setup you have and how far it reaches.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Not a true 'trailcam' but have you thought about something like and Arlo setup? throw a bunch of those around your property, they connect directly to your wifi network and have decent battery life. I'm using 8 arlos,and they meet my needs nicely but there are other brands as well.

nickstone

WKR
I'm happy with these used in the manner you described