Why no 5-round Grendel/ARC AICS mags? (Long .223 either)

Why don't any of the magazine manufacturers make a 5-round AICS magazine for the 6.5G/6ARC? I have a Ruger American in 6.5G that would already be in a chassis if I could find any magazines less than 10 rounds. It is a hunting gun. I don't need 10 rounds and I sure don't need that mag hanging down that far.

Same thing with the .223. The only mag I have found is Accurate and it limits cartridge OAL to 2.325. No way you are getting a heavy bullet out to where it needs to be. Again, I have a R700 built into a 7TCU that I would love to put into a Chassis or KRG Bravo, but I need at least 2.550" in the mag to seat the 120 grain Nosler BTs that the gun likes so much.

I am truly surprised that with the number of people shooting heavy for caliber bullets in the .223 and the popularity of the 6 and 22 ARC that someone hasn't jumped on that market yet.

The magazine market is really lacking in hunting mags. I have a CDG action and I am patiently waiting for someone to make a 4/5 round AW double stack mag that would probably sit flush with the stock.

WIDrake

FNG
I do wonder how it's possible that the accurate mags are only 2.325 when the mdt poly mags run out past 2.5 in a standard aics foot print. I hope we get someone with one to see this and say if that 2.3 is correct or an undersell

khuber84

WKR
Hawkins offers a billet hunter aics mag in 4rd format. Allows for 2.50" coal. They wants 125$ tho.

OP
H
Hawkins offers a billet hunter aics mag in 4rd format. Allows for 2.50" coal. They wants 125$ tho.

The Chassis version only comes in SA Standard and SA Mag. The 4-round ARC mag only works with their DBM.

I guess if Stocky's would make a Ruger American stock that was inletted for the Hawkins DBM, it would work, but that seems like a bit of a one-off, so it probably won't happen.

I will most likely end up just buying a couple of 10-rounders and then cut them down, like I did the AR mags I use in it now. The pic shows the one I cut down and welded the base plate back on. The other one I did, I cut tabs in when shortening and bent them back over to hold the base plate.

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 9
Why don't any of the magazine manufacturers make a 5-round AICS magazine for the 6.5G/6ARC? I have a Ruger American in 6.5G that would already be in a chassis if I could find any magazines less than 10 rounds. It is a hunting gun. I don't need 10 rounds and I sure don't need that mag hanging down that far.

Same thing with the .223. The only mag I have found is Accurate and it limits cartridge OAL to 2.325. No way you are getting a heavy bullet out to where it needs to be. Again, I have a R700 built into a 7TCU that I would love to put into a Chassis or KRG Bravo, but I need at least 2.550" in the mag to seat the 120 grain Nosler BTs that the gun likes so much.

I am truly surprised that with the number of people shooting heavy for caliber bullets in the .223 and the popularity of the 6 and 22 ARC that someone hasn't jumped on that market yet.

take a round file to the accurate mag and you are golden.