WHY Cabelas!!!

Other companies do that trash and yes, drives me nuts.

Either automation or somebody that hates their job lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WVelkhunter

WVelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had a couple gift cards and had to look really hard! I wanted a sinker mold and had to spend a little more to get $10 off and free shipping. I believe the stickers are intentional, everything I've ordered in the last several years comes this way.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Backyard nailed it. I was a diehard Cabela's guy and I knew both Cabelas, Dick and Jim. Cabela's went south when Johnny Morris and the Bass Pro crap took them over. I wouldn't walk into one of their stores now to buy that Redhead crap made in China. For what it's worth at the corporate level in Sidney the employees were treated very well, I always appreciate that in a company.

I would say it was done before the fish company came along. The last time I went to Cabelas was about a year before BPS bought them out. We were looking at camping gear. Essentially the only brand tent/sleeping pad/cot/sleeping bag they had were cabelas brand. They basically got so big that they ate themselves by starting to only offer their crap brand gear and took the competitors that made them what they are off the shelves. That's when they lost me. I'm not a gear nut, but I've yet to see a gear review on RS where the cabelas brand was the winner.......

IdahoBeav

WKR
Bass Pro was a very good store for fishing gear. I haven't been since the merger, but for fishing gear, they blew away Cabelas.

LoggerDan

WKR
If you know what you ordered, who cares about the stickers? They don't cover the whole item, so there's probably plenty of contextual clues to ascertain that you got the correct item.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
No different than Walmart and others ...... Big money outfits that steel money away from good hard working people, causing small mom and pops stores to close up.
They are all about GREED

No different than Walmart and others ...... Big money outfits that steel money away from good hard working people, causing small mom and pops stores to close up.
They are all about GREED
Say what you want but Walmart employs a lot of people. Probably way more than the mom and pop stores they closed down. So I guess the people working at big money outfits are not hard working people?

Rich M

WKR
I used to only buy Cabelas. Now i shop stuff and buy from a wide variety of places. None are as good as Cabelas used to be. Especially not the fish shop, though they get plenty of my money.

They are all about GREED
Greed is not a one-way street.

Few folks relish the idea of paying full retail; when folks buy products on sale they too are demonstrating their greed.

Then there is the "greed" of folks who want the best returns possible in their retirement plans, investment accounts, bank accounts, ever increasing housing costs, lowest interest rates on debt, etc. Basically their "greed" is good when it benefits them but lord forbid if someone else is allowed to be greedy.

Wrench

WKR
I would say it was done before the fish company came along. The last time I went to Cabelas was about a year before BPS bought them out. We were looking at camping gear. Essentially the only brand tent/sleeping pad/cot/sleeping bag they had were cabelas brand. They basically got so big that they ate themselves by starting to only offer their crap brand gear and took the competitors that made them what they are off the shelves. That's when they lost me. I'm not a gear nut, but I've yet to see a gear review on RS where the cabelas brand was the winner.......
They went publicly traded and it was the end.....but bps bought them and made it worse yet.

Dsnow9

FNG
What is the deal with Cabelas putting their shipping stickers on the most important part of the items packaging??? I really didn't even want to know what lb test the line is! Who cares what spice I'm using up my elk backstrap!!!View attachment 509736
It’s for the warehouse if you ordered online. Everything is on shelves and they need to scan the codes for their online products. That is assuming it’s not automated. They aren’t looking at the product they are looking at the barcode and scanning it. Saves them time.

That being said I try to buy directly from the manufacturers these days. Only reason I have been to bass pro and cabelas the last few years is for their ammo. They were one of the only retailers not price gouging and usually had decent inventory when many others were priced to high or no inventory.

Traveler

WKR
What is the deal with Cabelas putting their shipping stickers on the most important part of the items packaging??? I really didn't even want to know what lb test the line is! Who cares what spice I'm using up my elk backstrap!!!View attachment 509736
I guess you’ll have to do the hard work of takng the line out of the box and reading the lb rating from the spool