Who's removed an X-Bolt bolt handle or knob?

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
I had to order parts for a Buckmark and while perusing the online parts catalog and looking at the schematics, it appears that the new versions with "tactical" bolt knob have removable knob and there were descriptions of screws saying that they bolt handle retaining pins. It appears that the firing pin retainer, threads into the bolt body, retains the bolt handle.

I have had the bolt disassembled to clean and lube, but I have never fiddled with the handle, just those pieces that needed cleaning and lubing to improve the opening and closing of the bolt and the trigger pull weight.

Said all that to ask, have you removed your bolt knob or handle from you X-Bolt?

Thanks

7789C294-B025-48B0-8558-76D576280B37.jpeg

pwdrski

FNG
Did you ever figure your question out? I'd like to put an extended bolt handle on my Hells Canyon X Bolt but can't find any information either.

OP
Darryle

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
There has to be an option, MDT chassis version available in Europe. Wouldn't mind having one of the chassis'.

IMG_9532.pngIMG_9533.png

pwdrski

FNG
You can turn the bolt over and see the pin you purchased on the back side. I don't know if it's a punch pin, or drift style pin, and is that the only anchor point? I don't see the larger tech style bolt available on the Brownings website, nor do I see any aftermarket oversized knobs available for the X-bolt. But they are on many of the higher end X-bolts.

OP
Darryle

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
full-25419-410057-img_2604.jpeg

Ktwebb33

FNG
Thanks, just realized mine isn’t removable…now I’m on the hunt to see if I can replace the bolt handle all together…I have the HC speed