Who's going to be the first hunting 'celebrity' or Youtube personality to put their foot down and stop using cellular cameras?

I made a post on another thread in regards to cameras and got flamed.. Fair enough!

Just want to put this out there.

Would any "Anti Hunter" group appreciate this or any of these threads and be able to say that even fellow hunters agree with us?

Can we come together to solve the problem with out putting up a wall between us?

Just a thought.

Folks use computers and internet instead of typing or handwriting letters and mailing them or sending by pigeon or pony express or those old style running couriers. Heck, lazy people riding around in cars and trucks instead of on horseback or walking and wearing out some shoe soles. LoL!

Do you shoot a compound or a single-string stick bow? I'm really hoping you shoot a recurve and not a compound. If you shoot a compound, you're a hypocritical part of the problem. A recurve and at least you stick to your principals and probably make your own clothes too.
I do shoot a recurve. I also write hand written letters and send them in the mail, much more personable and genuine. Now carry on with your justifications for cutting corners if it makes you feel better.

But just know hunting is a way to get away from using computers, phones, and technology that we use in every day modern life. If you have become so accustomed in life to always being in a perpetual state of ease that you carry that attitude over into hunting you 100% are doing yourself a disservice.

This pervasive attitude in todays society that we should suffer no discomfort whatsoever and all things should be easy and convenient requiring as little effort as possible is flawed. Do things in a way that challenges you and moves you way past your comfort zone and you’ll lead a more enriching life. Hunting is the perfect opportunity to do that.

Rich M

WKR
I do shoot a recurve. I also write hand written letters and send them in the mail, much more personable and genuine. Now carry on with your justifications for cutting corners if it makes you feel better.

But just know hunting is a way to get away from using computers, phones, and technology that we use in every day modern life. If you have become so accustomed in life to always being in a perpetual state of ease that you carry that attitude over into hunting you 100% are doing yourself a disservice.

This pervasive attitude in todays society that we should suffer no discomfort whatsoever and all things should be easy and convenient requiring as little effort as possible is flawed. Do things in a way that challenges you and moves you way past your comfort zone and you’ll lead a more enriching life. Hunting is the perfect opportunity to do that.
I'm just playing on the internet. Some of these debates are interesting, various opinions and arguments stimulate thoughts and understandings of diff folks. We all have diff reasons for stuff.

I'm deaf, got a whole 'nother lifestyle from most people but folks think I'm weird cause they can't see the handicap. Don't hear stuff - no birds chirping or squawking, no deer rustling the leaves or breaking twigs, etc - it is all visual and usually a surprise.

Once hunted 13 seasons straight without seeing a deer. Buddy went hunting with me one day and told me my stand would squeak every time I moved - he heard it 150 yards away. That explained why I hadn't see any deer for 13 years. Got a new stand after that. LoL! had totally lost confidence hunting in those 13 years but have since regained it.

Another time had let a diff buddy borrow my bow - he left it out in the rain and it had a horrible squeal when being drawn - of course I couldn't hear it, had a rare opportunity at a doe on the ground at 10 yards w head down behind a bush - she turned inside out when she heard it - wife cringed when i asked her what she heard when the bow was drawn that evening... I have her listen to my bow every time before I go archery hunting now.

This year is likely gonna be a 3-day rifle hunt. Will continue to use trail cams to verify hunt spot choices and try to shoot a legal buck in those 3 days. Not cell cams there - out of cell range.

It's funny, grew up with 9-day then 16-day, then .., then ..., then 4 month deer seasons. Stuck with 1 weekend hunt a year cause I won't drive more than an hour to hunt. We have deer season from July-February down here but most of the hunt areas are >90 minutes 1 way, many are hours and hours away. Good for the young guys with more energy and free time. After many years of driving 2-3 hrs each way every hunt and not seeing anything legal, set my travel time at 1 hour and hunt the same "unit" each time - to maximize the potential for success.

Will be my 45th or 46th deer season this year - hunting is one way I unplug and relax for a few days.

Not complaining, just my life at this point in time.

To answer OP question. Whitetail Adrenaline does not use cameras or Hunting Public from what I know. The thing with TV shows, specifically, is that they are more than likely going to use what they can get sponsors for. They are paying a lot of money to have the shows put on the air.

To me cameras can be something fun to do or to use as a tool to survey what the herd looks like or to see what bucks survived the winter. Just cause you have one out doesn't mean that you will see anything on it. There ar numerous examples of a deer not showing up on a camera but does on another one that is 100yds away.

nosajnh

FNG
To answer OP question. Whitetail Adrenaline does not use cameras or Hunting Public from what I know. The thing with TV shows, specifically, is that they are more than likely going to use what they can get sponsors for. They are paying a lot of money to have the shows put on the air.

To me cameras can be something fun to do or to use as a tool to survey what the herd looks like or to see what bucks survived the winter. Just cause you have one out doesn't mean that you will see anything on it. There ar numerous examples of a deer not showing up on a camera but does on another one that is 100yds away.
Zach from the Hunting Public does not use camera's, Aaron and Jake use them. I am not sure if the rest of the guys use them or not.

I have limited time to hunt and scout due to work. I will keep using my cell cameras to save me hours of drive time I don’t have. I don’t really care if someone thinks it is “ cutting corners”. Come get you some of these 80 hour plus work weeks and then get back to me on how lazy I am.

Spotlights are just a "tool" too. Why not make drones legal? How about dynamite fishing? For the record, I own and have used game cameras. Put a 12 hour delay on them and I'm good with that.
"Why not make drones legal?"

Basically are legal in Oklahoma because drones are not addressed by law.

They can step up and stop using them all they want. Long as i can still use mine, i dont care. I live 70 miles from my farm. Too expensive to drive my diesel down to check cams regularly.
Exactly my thoughts. i use mine to monitor my farm from thousands of miles away. The pics themselves are just as entertaining as the hunts now that I can’t make it back every year.

All of the land I hunt is forest service or blm. In most cases it takes me 1-2 hours on horseback to get to a hunting area from a 1/2 to 1 hr drive. Most of those areas have no cell coverage.

I have no interest in cell cameras. I just cover the ground and hunt. Half of the challenge is understanding the migration patterns and weather effects. Most of the elk move at night and a camera wouldn't give me any edge over just knowing the country.

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just playing on the internet. Some of these debates are interesting, various opinions and arguments stimulate thoughts and understandings of diff folks. We all have diff reasons for stuff.

I'm deaf, got a whole 'nother lifestyle from most people but folks think I'm weird cause they can't see the handicap. Don't hear stuff - no birds chirping or squawking, no deer rustling the leaves or breaking twigs, etc - it is all visual and usually a surprise.

Once hunted 13 seasons straight without seeing a deer. Buddy went hunting with me one day and told me my stand would squeak every time I moved - he heard it 150 yards away. That explained why I hadn't see any deer for 13 years. Got a new stand after that. LoL! had totally lost confidence hunting in those 13 years but have since regained it.

Another time had let a diff buddy borrow my bow - he left it out in the rain and it had a horrible squeal when being drawn - of course I couldn't hear it, had a rare opportunity at a doe on the ground at 10 yards w head down behind a bush - she turned inside out when she heard it - wife cringed when i asked her what she heard when the bow was drawn that evening... I have her listen to my bow every time before I go archery hunting now.

This year is likely gonna be a 3-day rifle hunt. Will continue to use trail cams to verify hunt spot choices and try to shoot a legal buck in those 3 days. Not cell cams there - out of cell range.

It's funny, grew up with 9-day then 16-day, then .., then ..., then 4 month deer seasons. Stuck with 1 weekend hunt a year cause I won't drive more than an hour to hunt. We have deer season from July-February down here but most of the hunt areas are >90 minutes 1 way, many are hours and hours away. Good for the young guys with more energy and free time. After many years of driving 2-3 hrs each way every hunt and not seeing anything legal, set my travel time at 1 hour and hunt the same "unit" each time - to maximize the potential for success.

Will be my 45th or 46th deer season this year - hunting is one way I unplug and relax for a few days.

Not complaining, just my life at this point in time.
Eh I know that feeling

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
I do not agree with using them during hunting season to give yourself a better advantage. And they are electronics to. To each their own. To me it kinda takes the hunt aspect out of hunting. I would not want to know where a moose was and just go shoot it.
Doesn't matter where you live or how many hours. You choose that.
It's up to us individually. But trying to find the latest best electronics to assist in life is so common now. And folks will always argue the law. Or because not much enforcement its somehow ok, no matter the issue.
Me I don't use electronics. Phone when beautiful wife makes me. Because I prefer the challenge. And harvesting game is just icing on the cake. And drive a 79 El Camino n 76 F-250 ol school guy

Turkish

FNG
I think it would be very refreshing if someone came out and publicly verbalized their disapproval with where this technology is headed and backed that up with no longer using cell cameras for their hunting purposes.
I agree. Legally I don’t think there’s much to be done. Ethically, it’s a bad look for hunters.

TyT10

FNG
Some people don’t have the time to scout as much as others. Wish I did, but I don’t. Cell cams have value for this aspect alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Fox

WKR
I don’t care about cell cams but I am sick of seeing the celebrity hunter sitting in their gucci tree house with a heater and recliner in a managed food plot waiting on some 200” buck that they named something stupid like “dozer”. I used to love watching these shows especially the Drurys then it became insufferable to see them killing monsters every single show in the same exact manner. It is not even remotely realistic to the average every day hardcore hunter unless you were born into a millionaire family or a rich farmer with a ton of property. I wouldn’t even get excited anymore if it ever got like that for me. I wouldn’t mind killing some giant bucks but I like to change it up and actually hunt them instead of waiting for one to come in to a food plot that you have to basically take your pick out of like 10 bucks over 130”. I think this is why the hunting public has soared in popularity because it’s way more realistic to a normal hunter although most of us can’t take the entire season off to go travel 13 different states from August to January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk