Who's going to be the first hunting 'celebrity' or Youtube personality to put their foot down and stop using cellular cameras?

It’s just another tool, nothing more. People are free to use them or not, same as with bows, shotguns, rifles, camo, bait, scents, or whatever. I have one, the only benefit I’ve gained is knowledge of what’s in the area, same as with non-cell cameras except I don’t have to physically pull the card to check it.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
It’s just another tool, nothing more. People are free to use them or not, same as with bows, shotguns, rifles, camo, bait, scents, or whatever. I have one, the only benefit I’ve gained is knowledge of what’s in the area, same as with non-cell cameras except I don’t have to physically pull the card to check it.

This was my stance for a long time.

This morning I was watching a Youtube video, and these two guys were overlooking a clearing between two wood lots. They get a cell-cam notification of a buck walking by in one of the wood blocks, and decide to wait him out. Buck eventually steps out and they blast it.

Something a little cringey about that.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
They can step up and stop using them all they want. Long as i can still use mine, i dont care. I live 70 miles from my farm. Too expensive to drive my diesel down to check cams regularly.

A lot of guys aren't pushing for a cell cam ban, maybe 12hr or 24hr sending intervals. Helps with situations like yours, while keeping "fair chase" (depending on your view).

Not sure the genie is ever going back into the bottle.

WCB

WKR
Hunters are such a bunch of Karen's. Trad bowhunters hate compounds, compounds hate crossbows, all of them hate the "orange army". How about you all stop worrying about how everyone else hunts and leave people alone.
I agree to a point but it is kind of along the same line as when people say "hunters should stick together..." blah blah blah. No there are things that the industry or hunters need to bring to light and at times self regulate. Not saying this is one of them but basically saying let people do what they want is kind of contradictory to game and fish regulations and management.

OP,

What the hell would they post about in the off season if they can't get pictures of ole' Samson using the back 40 at the newly developed mineral station?

I've used them on and off and honestly have killed all my best bucks without a camera even remotely close to me. I could see a delay requirement or at least can't be sent to a device in the hunters possession while hunting. But, thinking hunting "celebrities" are in it for the challenge is laughable.

Macintosh

WKR
We have a hundred years worth of examples of limiting take (punt guns, anyone? Night hunting? Etc). I have no problem with limiting hunter efficacy via all sorts of means where there is more demand than tags. I have a problem with it where tags are over the counter because wildlife populations are at or above target. It makes no sense to lump states with insanely different populations into the same characterization (ie states with 1-per day over the counter doe tags for a 30+ day season because population is out of control, versus states that are largely draw-only and even residents don't get to hunt every year). Totally different situations, totally different context.