Who is cashing in their points this year on Wyoming Elk

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Who's planning to hunt Wyoming and how many points are you cashing in?

I'm hoping to draw this year and am already excited about the prospects of chasing bulls in the cowboy state! The draw is just around the corner...

Coop

2rocky

WKR
7 out of the last 8 years I've hunted Wyoming, with the last 5 being elk. I have no points for elk. The Regular general tags have come through for me, but I have a sneaking suspicion this year might have more folks cashing in points. I'm in and I'll take my chances.

huntwest

Lil-Rokslider
I think I may try and keep my points. I'm hoping the people sitting on more points then me try and burn their points before the price increase. This will also give me a chance to try and scout out another unit for when I do finally draw.

ElkNut1

WKR
My son & I have max points (7) I'm going to put in for a draw with mine but my son will continue to build points. I hate to wait to long as I'm not getting younger. (grin) I'm considering the "special" too to up my odds. I'll hunt Idaho as well, it should be a full plate.

ElkNut1

tstowater

WKR
I've got max and will be putting in for a draw this year. Still deciding whether to go regular draw or special. Tired of getting the shaft as a nonresident and Wyoming isn't even bad on their fees (other than for points). My concern is antler growth as I want a bruiser and concerned that extended drought could impact that. Am planning on doing an archery hunt. The bad part about being max points is the concern about blowing the points.

huffmad

FNG
My Dad and I are sitting on six points. We were going to start trying to burn them this year but we decided to wait and see how this fee increase effects the draws. I think lots of people will try and burn them this year.

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sitting on 7 points too. I think I'm going to try and cash in. Hoping to be chasing a bugling bull with the ole stick & string.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm drawing out this year. Hunting Elk with archery last week of Sept. then rifle the next week. Adding Doe Antelope in that 1st week of Oct. too. Going on a killing frenzy.
I'll do Special GEN for Elk with bow/rifle and Doe Antelope from then on.

zia

FNG
IMG_0100.jpg
cashed my 6 points last year (archery), using my sons 7 points to take take him on the same bow hunt

buglelk

FNG
We'll be trying to cash in on our "0" points again this year...it's hard not to apply for the darn general tag...

Attachments

• IMG_0377_s.jpg
    IMG_0377_s.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0262_s.jpg
    IMG_0262_s.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 70