Which Tikka replacement bottom metal.

Pro953

WKR
The mag release spring is giving me some issues on one of my Tikka’s, so I need to swap out the plastic “bottom metal” for a OEM piece or one of the aftermarket pieces.

I have not had luck finding a stock part, anyone have a recommendation for one of the aftermarket parts. I am not looking to change to AICS mags, prefer it handled as close to the stock setup as possible ideally.

Anyone with thought’s experience (good or bad) for the aftermarket pieces would be appreciated. If you made the change and have the original part you would be willing to sell, I am open to that as well.

Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have mountain tactical and high desert bottom metal on a few tikkas, the high desert is closer to the factory shape.

I probably have a factory plastic one laying around I could send you.

My only experience is with the factory and mountain tactical. I've never had an issue with the factory BM on the half dozen or so Tikkas I've had so long as they weren't overtightened. 40inlbs is basically the max without deforming or breaking them. On the MT it never fed right and then I ended up cracking at the rear of the rear screw when I torqued it to 65inlbs.

I ordered a Lumley this time around but haven't gotten it yet. It's 7075 aluminum vs 6061 of the MT plus its anodized which makes it significantly stronger, it comes with pillar, bolts, and it costs 2/3 of the price. I'm hoping for better results with it.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I have Lumley. It needs a little fitting, does not lift the mag high enough for reliable feeding, but that can be fixed and is probably more an issue with factory plastic stock tolerances.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon Mountain Rifle sells bottom metal. Magazine fits in very tight and requires more effort to insert and release vs the factory version. I like the two I have and recommend them.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
JA Outdoors has them in stock on sale if you don’t want to spend the money on a upgrade!.

Attachments

• IMG_6305.png
    IMG_6305.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6305.png
    IMG_6305.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 39

Diced

WKR
I just got the pure precision(mesa precision arms) bottom metal. Appears to be a very quality part. It fits in the inlet perfectly flush and tight. I went with it because I have an Altitude tikka stock so figured I'd use their bottom metal as well.

If you just want a plastic one I can mail you my old one if you pay shipping. I'd recommend getting an aluminum one though.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
I have mountain tactical and high desert bottom metal on a few tikkas, the high desert is closer to the factory shape.

I probably have a factory plastic one laying around I could send you.
If you don’t , I do that I would ship for the cost of shipping.

atmat

WKR
I’d just get a free replacement plastic one. They work great. Mine are all torqued to 65 without issue.

OP
P

Pro953

WKR
Thanks everyone,

I will PM the folks who have the original replacements and hopefully something will work out. The rifle shoots great and I am a little hesitant to run into feed issues etc. with a aftermarket piece. If nothing works out I will try one of the recommended pieces and cross my fingers!

Have a great weekend.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk