Which now should I purchase?

I'm new to archery and bought a diamond archery bow. I was clueless on how to set it up but after I sighted in the bow I got a little better but want to go to a pro shop to get some advice and have a pro tune my bow for me. Question is should I stick with my bow or buy a better bow? Currently looking at a Bowtech solution but I have no experience with any of the premium brands. Or should I stick with what I have and practice?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Diamonds are usually pretty sweet shooting bows. Since you are new I would at least hunt with it for 1 year and then look at upgrading next year if you need to

bsnedeker

WKR
My advice: Stick with the diamond for at least a year. Right now you are so new you don't really know what you are even looking for in a new bow. Practice for a year, then get yourself into a proshop and shoot as many different bows as you can to find one that you like.

I killed plenty of deer with my Diamond when I first got into archery. Upgraded to a hoyt about 2 years in. Going back to the Diamond is pretty painful now that I know what a premium bow feels like, but at the time I didn't know any better.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I would spend money on a top notch sight and rest, shoot the Diamond for a year or four, and then when you get a new bow move the top notch sight and rest over to it.

OP
LBsporting7
Yeah after reading these comments I think I should stick with what I got, any sight recommendations? Prefer a multi pin

I have been shooting a Diamond for almost 15 years. The Ol Diamond Liberty. Still kills deer. Had the limbs start splitting a few years ago, but sent it in through my local shop and they put new limbs on for free.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah after reading these comments I think I should stick with what I got, any sight recommendations? Prefer a multi pin
Spot Hogg site.
Hamskea rest.
Tight Spott Quiver.
6-8 inch front stabalizer.

As previously stated, invest in those things if you can afford it, then move them over to whatever bow you buy next.

OP
LBsporting7
Spot Hogg site.
Hamskea rest.
Tight Spott Quiver.

As previously stated, invest in those things if you can afford it, then move them over to whatever bow you buy next.

Thanks, I'm going to check all of those things out

sndmn11

WKR
Spot Hogg site.
Hamskea rest.
Tight Spott Quiver.

I would do this. If you wanted to save money the Apline Softloc quiver works well, the base/economy model (primer) of hamskea is fine, and used stablizers are on here all the time. I would get a Fast Eddie from spot hogg and if another brand ir preferred, I think any sight that is multipin, slider style, and has micro adjust pins is where the money should be spent.

Sounds like you’ve decided to stick with the diamond and that’s a great move. When you’re ready to upgrade don’t walk in a shop with a bow in mind. Go to a shop that carry’s the most different brands and shoot the style of bow you’re interested in from every major manufacturer. But the one you like best, don’t let brand names get in your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Get good with what you got, and buy the other stuff you need. Once you outgrow your bow then upgrade.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in a similar situation as you. I've had the diamond for a few years now and upgraded to a black gold sight, hamskea rest, tight spot quiver, and bee stinger 8" stabilizer. The only other thing that I may recommend is new strings. Mine were pretty tired and was limited to kinda cheesy peep sights. New strings let you use regular tie in peeps which are nice, and I think the strings might be quieter, but that is kind of hard to quantify.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Definitely go with an Alpine Archery Softloc quiver and save yourself $100 over the Tightspot rattletrap.

Add a Montana Black Gold sight.

The Diamond is a good bow. My son killed an couple bulls with his.

78BAD605-CF3E-4C30-A261-85C9F8B14BB9.jpeg

OP
LBsporting7
Sounds like you’ve decided to stick with the diamond and that’s a great move. When you’re ready to upgrade don’t walk in a shop with a bow in mind. Go to a shop that carry’s the most different brands and shoot the style of bow you’re interested in from every major manufacturer. But the one you like best, don’t let brand names get in your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that's a great idea. Will do whenever I decide to upgrade