When does the 3 rivers, Selway, Locsa, Clearwater, typically get snow?

MHWASH

WKR
Looking forward to cold weather. I’d be hiking up from the river to chase wolves. I’ve spring bear hunted the area before, but it’s usually after the snow is off the river.

TheTone

WKR
Three rivers/Lowell area is actually pretty low elevation. Seems like lately the Clearwater region gets some snow in October, then a warming trend before gets a bit more permanent in mid November. Lots of the regions snow is wet and heavy which is horrible for getting around in IMO

Huntnnw

WKR
depends how high up you go. I was snowed on in archery season at 5k last year. Been in 5-9" of snow on the first week of rifle elk the last 2 years

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Three rivers/Lowell area is actually pretty low elevation. Seems like lately the Clearwater region gets some snow in October, then a warming trend before gets a bit more permanent in mid November. Lots of the regions snow is wet and heavy which is horrible for getting around in IMO
That’s a good point that I didn’t consider. I’m just looking for a hunt that is do able on foot, not a tracked machine.