When and where to buy?

I've hunted with a rifle all my life, and shot bows a little bit but never hunted with em. I've got the bug now, though, so I'm looking to pick up a setup in time for next ('23) archery season. Planning to find a local shop and go through them.

Is January the best time to buy a used bow, with the end of the season and Christmas, or is it right now as people gear up for the season?

Anybody recommend an archery shop in middle Tennessee?

tia

MT257

WKR
I’d imagine you’ll see discounts on 2022 models shortly after the 2023 models role out this fall.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like bows come out kind of randomly and sales may happen anytime. Seems like just after hunting season is best though, store wants to clear old models out before new Ones hit the shelf in the spring.

I’m sure there are closer places to you, but if you find yourself headed toward the western part of your state, Avery Outdoors in Memphis, TN has a good reputation. Hunters Hollow near Oxford, MS has a decent archery shop too.

I bought my current bow used. Seems like tons of people are “almost bow hunters” and then sell their stuff after a couple years. Or, in my case, the guy got bored slaughtering deer with a compound and went strictly trad bow, lol.

right now is the worst time for buying but nov-jan when season is over and new bows drop probably has the most buy sell action. i've found the best deals personally in the spring. things seem to slip through the cracks then. look for loaded bow with premium accessories, like somebody who bought a whole new setup and never really got into it. i part them out and then get a bare bow for dirt cheap.

Last edited: