What's your top 3 for a good ol whitetail sit?

Yoder

WKR
I like to suffer. I want to be cold and hungry 25ft up in a tree stand. Ideally it would be snowing a little. When you kill something and it sucks, it makes it that much more awesome. If I wanted comfort I could shoot them out of my bedroom window.

Agross

WKR
Coffee, chips ahoy , kodiak. Oh and werther’s. Always have werther’s

Last edited:
OP
Fjellvei

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
I like to suffer. I want to be cold and hungry 25ft up in a tree stand. Ideally it would be snowing a little. When you kill something and it sucks, it makes it that much more awesome. If I wanted comfort I could shoot them out of my bedroom window.
I also agree. There is a healthy level of masochism to enrich success. But I like to compartmentalize and enjoy the good ol whitetail rifle sit regardless

Warm gloves or mittens, meat sticks and my iphone to catch up with hunting forums.
Pretty much every place I hunt these days seems to have good cell service.

Coffee Copenhagen(the good stuff in a cardboard can) and my phone my 3 go too when it's cold out might throw some snacks in my pockets

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Sams has a large Stanley thermos on sale. I remember walking by them and thinking I would never need a thermos that big... unless i was in a blind with a buddy or 2 for coffee.... Served the purpose perfectly and didnt run out of coffee either.

rclouse79

WKR
I have not had the pleasure of sitting in such a blind but if I were given the chance, I imagine I would bring a buddy heater, a thermos of coffee, and a podcast.

Laramie

WKR
I don't sit in blinds with my style of hunting but funny story- When I was about 12 My buddy and I found a guys deer blind while we were fishing the river near our home. This was out of hunting season so we figured we would climb in a check it out. It was a nice box blind that was pretty weather tight. Inside we hit the 12 year old boy jackpot. That guy had years and years worth of playboy, hustler, etc stacked in a corner. Had to be 200+ of them. We made a lot of fishing trips that summer lol.

As far as sitting in the dark, I like cope, coffee, and silence. I love to listen to the animals as the first light starts to show in the sky. It's pretty amazing what you can hear if you focus.

Seuss

FNG
You find yourself in a fully enclosed tower deer blind elevated 20' off the ground on a brisk winter morning. It's 25°, no wind, and the sun rises on you and your grandpa's rifle in 1hr 15min. What 3 comfort items are beside you as you wait for silhouettes to appear on the turn row horizon ?
Buddy heater since I’m basically hunting from a small apartment, dark chocolate Hersheys miniatures w almonds, thermos of Tim Hortons

Last edited:

WildBoose

FNG
I don't sit in blinds with my style of hunting but funny story- When I was about 12 My buddy and I found a guys deer blind while we were fishing the river near our home. This was out of hunting season so we figured we would climb in a check it out. It was a nice box blind that was pretty weather tight. Inside we hit the 12 year old boy jackpot. That guy had years and years worth of playboy, hustler, etc stacked in a corner. Had to be 200+ of them. We made a lot of fishing trips that summer lol.

As far as sitting in the dark, I like cope, coffee, and silence. I love to listen to the animals as the first light starts to show in the sky. It's pretty amazing what you can hear if you focus.
I bet you needed a hazmat suit in that box blind hahahaha.

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
If I’m in that early all I need is my phone with an alarm to wake me up in a half hour when it starts to get light out. After that some diet Mountain Dew and my binos.

ChrisAU

WKR
I'd be on my phone buying a new phone or alarm clock because mine woke me up an hour earlier than I told it to.

Jakl

FNG
Opening day in the stand every year for the past 5 has had a thermos of coffee, a bagel with tons of peanut butter, and some jerky.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I have started bringing a thermos of hot chicken broth to drink on cold days instead of coffee. And also the usual assortment of oatmeal cream pies, candy bars and a PB&J sandwich.