What’s up w/ Leupold

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Is something happening at Leupold? Was at cabelas and they said they weren’t getting any BX5 due to Leupold not making some optics anymore???

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Might just be supply chain issues like everything else. Nothing on Google regarding Leupold cutting back.

mejresc2

FNG
I had to return a pair of BX 4s to sportsman's due to horrible purple fringing, Got the new pair and liked them until they fogged up, spent 20 to send them to Leupold got a brand new pair with another purple fringing problem, spent 20 dollars to send them back to Leupold,got a new pair liked them till they fogged up, sold them , I also had to send my 15x56 bx5s back because the focus stopped working, that's a total of over 60 dollars I had to spend to send they're mistakes back to them, used my kids pair of BX2s for a bit they fogged up on the same day I was using my sx4 spotter on the same day it fogged up. No joke. I haven't yet sent the latter two optics back I'm wondering it's worth dealing with Leupold. I have a pair of Tract Toric binoculars on the way, I'm hoping they're on par with the razor uhds

I had to return a pair of BX 4s to sportsman's due to horrible purple fringing, Got the new pair and liked them until they fogged up, spent 20 to send them to Leupold got a brand new pair with another purple fringing problem, spent 20 dollars to send them back to Leupold,got a new pair liked them till they fogged up, sold them , I also had to send my 15x56 bx5s back because the focus stopped working, that's a total of over 60 dollars I had to spend to send they're mistakes back to them, used my kids pair of BX2s for a bit they fogged up on the same day I was using my sx4 spotter on the same day it fogged up. No joke. I haven't yet sent the latter two optics back I'm wondering it's worth dealing with Leupold. I have a pair of Tract Toric binoculars on the way, I'm hoping they're on par with the razor uhds

LOL you expect people to believe you had that many issues with the same binos, repeatedly. I call BS.

I have no doubt that BX4’s have failed, all optics do, but to have the same issue repeatedly is unheard of. I personally own 2x BX4 8x42’s one of which are 6+ years old and have been beat to shit. Only issue with them is the eyecups got gritty and I had to clean them. I know several other people who have them as well because of the performance you get for the price and none of them have had an issue.

Either you have the worst luck in the entire world, or you’re not being honest.

Weldor

WKR
Just sent a vx5 hd in for repair.( I fell on mtn.) new ocular ring etc. Just got a reply that they are remodeling and not taking returns to the custom shop ? Maybe has something to do with it?

LOL you expect people to believe you had that many issues with the same binos, repeatedly. I call BS.

I have no doubt that BX4’s have failed, all optics do, but to have the same issue repeatedly is unheard of. I personally own 2x BX4 8x42’s one of which are 6+ years old and have been beat to shit. Only issue with them is the eyecups got gritty and I had to clean them. I know several other people who have them as well because of the performance you get for the price and none of them have had an issue.

Either you have the worst luck in the entire world, or you’re not being honest.

I've seen some issues with their stuff but nothing particularly unusual of any brand and they've always stepped up when needed.

The binos and spotter "fogging" on the same day has me shaking my head though. No amount of coatings will eliminate fogging/condensation on the outside of cold Optics with warm breath... is that maybe the problem / misunderstanding? "Fogproof" in optics refers to the inside of the lenses... just saying.

mejresc2

FNG
I've seen some issues with their stuff but nothing particularly unusual of any brand and they've always stepped up when needed.

The binos and spotter "fogging" on the same day has me shaking my head though. No amount of coatings will eliminate fogging/condensation on the outside of cold Optics with warm breath... is that maybe the problem / misunderstanding? "Fogproof" in optics refers to the inside of the lenses... just saying.
Cold air and warm breath definitely wasn't the problem I carry a pair of binoculars on my chest one on my hip and then I carry a spotter the pair I carry on my hip was usually a pair of 20x56 kaibabs the pair that I had on my chest was the Leupold pair when the binoculars and my spotting scope fogged up I glassed with the kaibabs, not a problem. I'm not a fan of vortex I think they're optics are way overpriced with the exception of the 20x56 kaibab that's a great pair of binoculars for a fair price.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just sent a vx5 hd in for repair.( I fell on mtn.) new ocular ring etc. Just got a reply that they are remodeling and not taking returns to the custom shop ? Maybe has something to do with it?
They arnt repairing anything or the custom shop is closed ATM?