What would u do ? Idaho unit 50

id450

WKR
So, I have an opportunity to head out this sept to unit 50 Idaho with a guy I know a little bit. He has a friend who lives there and is willing to pack us in/out for the archery hunt. How's the elk population in the unit doing. I have not been able to find Much and plan to call the biologist next week? I really just want to see game and put on some stalks. I've never hunted Idaho and those darn wolfs make me nervous. Just looking for some help on whether to plan on going or focus some place else. Thank you

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I can't help with unit 50. You are on the right track by calling the biologist. I would not worry about wolves. Idaho is beautiful country, good luck.

Craig4791

WKR
Make a trip over to the Idaho F&G website and take a look at the hunt planner/harvest stats for the unit. Judging by what I see in the stats it looks like the archery hunt is pretty good.

OP
I

id450

WKR
Thanks for the help guys. I'll apply that info and go from there

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
If you've got a guy who knows something and someone who is willing to pack you in/out. That's basically a free guided hunt in a unit that's got lots of elk. No brainer dude. Go for it!!