What trail camera would you recommend?

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
Yikes man. Did you ever come across those scumbags again?
I know who it was that took our stuff, in about 3 years he will have totally forgotten what he did and thats when I will begin my revenge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would recommend a Tactacam Reveal X-Pro. I have 2 on our deer lease in a remote area of the Texas Hill Country. They both are cell cams (can be used as regular cams) The take the most clear pictures, transmit with even a weak signal and they have held up to the Texas heat and cold so far. Other hunters on our lease ask about my cameras after looking at the pictures that they take. They use an assortment of lesser quality cameras and then complain about them failing to take pictures.

I have about 40 cameras I run. About 20 are cellular and the rest are regular sd card cameras. I’ve used Several different brands over last 20 yrs. Several good brands now, however I really started stacking my browning about 4 years ago when i considered them the clear leaders at that time. IMO. Cell cams I use today, I like muddy (same as stealth) and Tactacam’s. They are both solid cameras but I give the edge to muddy due to a cheaper monthly cell plan.

Legend

WKR
I have about 40 cameras I run. About 20 are cellular and the rest are regular sd card cameras. I’ve used Several different brands over last 20 yrs. Several good brands now, however I really started stacking my browning about 4 years ago when i considered them the clear leaders at that time. IMO. Cell cams I use today, I like muddy (same as stealth) and Tactacam’s. They are both solid cameras but I give the edge to muddy due to a cheaper monthly cell plan.
Any recommendations on where to get a good price on a half dozen browning camers?

Any recommendations on where to get a good price on a half dozen browning camers?
Just did a google search and found Sanford supply has browning command ops for 69. No affiliation This is the basic level camera but does everything I need. I’ve probably got 10 of these. Should they get stolen or whatever, you’re not out that much. Several other sites have them for a few dollars more. My favorite is the dark ops extreme. ( no flash or black flash). Little more money but no evidence game has ever seen the flash. Looks like someone has them listed for 75 and includes as card. This is best price I’ve ever seen if it’s correct. Usually around 120. Good luck

Just did a google search and found Sanford supply has browning command ops for 69. No affiliation This is the basic level camera but does everything I need. I’ve probably got 10 of these. Should they get stolen or whatever, you’re not out that much. Several other sites have them for a few dollars more. My favorite is the dark ops extreme. ( no flash or black flash). Little more money but no evidence game has ever seen the flash. Looks like someone has them listed for 75 and includes as card. This is best price I’ve ever seen if it’s correct. Usually around 120. Good luck
Correction I believe it was Safford trading.

Jhall12

FNG
One more vote for the Brownings, Strike Force or Dark Ops line. As previously mentioned game seems to be more tolerant to the true black flash cameras. Everything I buy moving forward will be black flash, its a thing. Also before you buy make sure its a true black flash camera and not something they just put a piece of black glass on.
I've got about 10 of these and am pretty satisfied with them
Thanks for recommendation

Eric Ward

FNG
I had a Spartan go cam go completely under water when a nearby creek flooded. I brought it home, cleaned it up and put it back out. It's still taking pictures. I have several Tactacams that have been great also.

Trapline

FNG
I use cheap ones, that way if they get stolen not much of a loss. Since I am in California and no one hunts walmart cleared out their inventory and i got 15 Wild Game Innovation cams for $10 each with SD card and batteries.

I ran Brownings for several years great price point battery life and quality. I’ve never wanted to spend more than $150 on cameras because I’d rather put that money elsewhere in to gear or what not.
Two years ago I bought 10 Tactacam Reveal cell cameras and have come to love them. The quality I get for the price point and I’ve gotten several years use out of them leaving them out in the elements nearly year round. They have a few different models to choose from, all are great.
If you’re like me wanting a cheaper price point for quality. Tactacam Reveals would get my vote hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I've had game cams out for the past 4 years for work. I have a couple Brownings and the rest are Campark T45As. The Camparks are only around $45 and work just as good or better than the Brownings I have. Take a look at the reviews on the Camparks. You can buy 2 or 3 Camparks for the price of 1 Browning.

rasfetch

FNG
I know who it was that took our stuff, in about 3 years he will have totally forgotten what he did and thats when I will begin my revenge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm a sucker for some vigilante justice. Really hope you share the story once your revenge is complete

Woogs402

FNG
What does the cell camera service run? Is it the same as adding something like an Apple Watch to your cell plan?