What to mix with black tail venison

I’m gonna grind up my black tail next week. What do y’all like to mix it with and what % do you find is best?

Also, I want to make summer sausage as well. Should I keep whole chunks of meat to grind into the sausage or can I use the ground burger from above for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Please tell me you're not grinding a whole blacktail up without cutting any steaks off first!? I know they're not big but thick cut medallions are amazing, that's the best meat I've ever tasted!

Anyhow, the old mountain man butcher I take my grind meat to does 10% pork fat and it always turns out great. Just enough to make it tacky and press beautiful burgers out. As far as summer sausage it just depends on how fine you want it ground, if you grind your burger as fine as you'd prefer your sausage it will work fine. Could always season and send it through a finer plate when you're doing sausage too.

OP
O
Thanks man. I cut the back strap up and it’s just waiting for eatin. The heart and tenderloin was delicious. The rest will get ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk