What rest are you using?

I need to get a new rest for my bear whitetail legend. So far, I've just been using the included whisker biscuit and I noticed it's getting worn and damaging my fletching. I see a lot of praise for the qad hdx and my brother loves his, but what do you guys recommend?

Personally, I've seen a several QADs rebounding slightly and causing issues with arrow flight, but I also had one for a while and had no issues with mine.

I like my Hamskea Hybrid Hunter much more.

Bump79

WKR
I've had good luck with my QAD MXT. I like that I can let down without the rest dropping.

A lot of people talk crap about QAD but it's kind of online noise IMHO. If you google QAD issues then more will come up because they sell wayyyy more rests than Hamskea. Not that there is anything wrong with a Hamskea.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I use the QAD HDX. I had another version of a QAD that my kids somehow messed up while I was painting my bow. The next rest I will get though will be limb driven. More then likely a Hamskea

I currently have a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter on one bow and a Vaportrail Pro V on the other. I've also shot QAD's in the past and had no issues with them.

One thing that some hunters dislike about a limb driven rest (like a Hamskea or Vaportrail) is that the fork/cradle can't be locked in the up position, which allows the arrow to move around quite a bit prior to drawing. I added a fixed rubber cradle to the shelf on both of my bows to help keep the arrow more secure. That may or may not matter to you, just something to be aware of.

Last edited:
Qad Mxt, Qad Mx Integrate, Hamskea Epsilon are all on hunting bows right now.

Qad can rebound if it's not one of the higher tier models. I like their micro adjust more than about anything else I have tried. If you were going to hunt much in the teens or colder Temps I'd not recommend them. Never have I had an issue, but I know some who have. Epsilon is on my back up, cold weather bow.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
A mixture of QAD, AAE & Hamskea. I like Hamskea the most.

jmez

WKR
Oringinal Hamskea. Fourth of fifth bow I have had it on now. No reason to replace, built like a tank and still functions flawlessly.

2 bows with the Hamskea Hyrbrid Hunter Pro, 1 with the Epsilon. Had a trinity on 1 I sold. All 3 versions have been flawless in performance. I cant say performance wise I notice any difference between them.

If you arent wanting to fork out the $ for an Epsilon, and/or you arent using a low profile quiver really tight to the riser, Id go with a Hybrid Hunter Pro. You can usually find them for a decent price on archery talk or here.

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
Hamskea Trinity pro is what I'm about to try. Coming from a Primer model, I'm excited about a nice smooth micro adjust to expedite that tuning process

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Hamskea here too.
Have 2 Hybrid hunter’s and 2 Trinity’s.
Just tie the cord back on to itself instead of trusting the easy glide cord tensioner on the trinity onward, it will slip and alter your impact point. Or don’t….

Sizthediz

WKR
Hamskea. Epsilon ease of set up for me. But also im only hunting out of a tree or blind

Wapiti1

WKR
Schaffer XV. I got tired of the Hamskea bouncing arrows at the draw, and not holding them secure during a stalk. The second part applies to QAD and Ripcord rests as well.

I can only pay attention to so many things at once. Trying to stalk a deer, and keep grass, shrubs, and forbes from pulling the arrow off the string is one thing too many for me, apparently.

It's a non-conventional rest, but it works really well.

Jeremy

OP
F
Schaffer XV. I got tired of the Hamskea bouncing arrows at the draw, and not holding them secure during a stalk. The second part applies to QAD and Ripcord rests as well.

I can only pay attention to so many things at once. Trying to stalk a deer, and keep grass, shrubs, and forbes from pulling the arrow off the string is one thing too many for me, apparently.

It's a non-conventional rest, but it works really well.

Jeremy
Never seen this one before. Very interesting!