What muzzle break

archp625

WKR
I’m looking at getting a different muzzle break for my CA Ridgeline. I’m wanting a side port muzzle break. I’m think self timed as well or a lock washer. Which one would you recommend? The ones I’m looking at are the CA Slayer, Area 419 Hellfire or the APA Little Bastard.

tperkins

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the Slayer, but I’ve owned the other two. Little Bastard was most effective in recoil management, but the least enjoyable (loudest) to shoot, at least for me. Hellfire is great. I’d also look at the Insite Arms Heathen. That’s my go-to brake these days.

tdhanses

WKR
They do, while not cheap it is super effective. Watch the you tube videos, they have a great video on their performance.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
No I haven't. How do they compare to the others i mentioned.

I don't have first hand experience with the other brakes you're looking at, but I put one of Nathan's Titanium Beast 2-piece brakes (with four ports) on my 7RM Tikka and it recoils like a baby punch now. Absolutely love it.

Nathan’s brakes are up there too. Make sure you check out his YouTube channel because he also has recoil comparisons just like the terminator guy does.

In any case, I’m currently running Nathan’s brakes mostly, with a slayer on a CA and a APA LB on a tikka. The Nathan’s don’t leave me wanting over the other ones, especially considering the price difference.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I’m looking at getting a different muzzle break for my CA Ridgeline. I’m wanting a side port muzzle break. I’m think self timed as well or a lock washer. Which one would you recommend? The ones I’m looking at are the CA Slayer, Area 419 Hellfire or the APA Little Bastard.

The Ti Slayer is my favorite brake for carbon barrels. The APA Micro is my favorite for sporter contour steel barrels.

I may have a brand new 419 Hellfire if your interested though. I have to check.

jfs82

WKR
You all are making me wonder if I bought the wrong brake... Seekins going on a 5.5lb 6.5prc

PVA jetblast here, I have an ultralight(aluminum) on a proof barreled 270wsm and it’s a pussycat. I ordered another backcountry brake (scaled down jet blast) for a 300 win

Tahoe1305

WKR

kharb22

WKR
You all are making me wonder if I bought the wrong brake... Seekins going on a 5.5lb 6.5prc
I've ran the Seekins brake on my AR for a long time and it did a great job. It is loud though, especially if you shoot it under an overhang or indoors.

This is the brake I run on my 28 Nosler and it was a night and day improvement over the factory radial brake. If I don't supress the big rifles, they'll get on of these.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk