What is the single best mule deer hunting podcast episode you’ve heard?

I pulled a once in a lifetime Muley permit and want to dive deep into some of the best podcast episodes out there on hunting big mule deer. Let’s see what you got.

Not necessarily strictly hunting but I learned more about Mule deer ecology from this episode of meat eater than any other single podcast episode. I seriously listen to it on the drive to every out of state hunt just as a reminder of how cool of animals they really are. Gets me pumped up like listening to heavy metal before a football game.

Jacack

WKR
I am in same situation with a great tag and not much mule deer experience especially with a bow.

OP
Josh Hojem
Not necessarily strictly hunting but I learned more about Mule deer ecology from this episode of meat eater than any other single podcast episode. I seriously listen to it on the drive to every out of state hunt just as a reminder of how cool of animals they really are. Gets me pumped up like listening to heavy metal before a football game.

Going to dig into this. Appreciate you!

OP
Josh Hojem
OP
Josh Hojem
I am in same situation with a great tag and not much mule deer experience especially with a bow.
I learned a lot from Brian Barney’s eastman’s elevated episodes on Muleys. I’m definitely still a novice, but his stuff helped me be successful on my first attempt at archery Muley’s.

OP
Josh Hojem
Here are some throwbacks that rock.
These look great! I’ll check them out.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations on the crown Jewel Deer tag in Montana!! And…It’s close to home for you. Even Better
If it were me, I’d take as much time off in November as I possibly could, and I’d be out covering country like Crazy looking around as many doe groups as I could. I’ll bet you’ll find a big buck.

Good for you man, Congrats

OP
Josh Hojem
Congratulations on the crown Jewel Deer tag in Montana!! And…It’s close to home for you. Even Better
If it were me, I’d take as much time off in November as I possibly could, and I’d be out covering country like Crazy looking around as many doe groups as I could. I’ll bet you’ll find a big buck.

Good for you man, Congrats
Thanks fella! I’m going to spend all my free time in July/august backpacking into 270. Hoping to turn up some big deer that no one else will find. Not many people archery hunt it so I’ll have that advantage.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Personally I think focusing on the rut is overrated. It’s great if you just want to see
a bunch of deer. But if you’re after a giant find him in early fall, pattern him and kill opening day of the general season. Otherwise he’ll be 20 miles away by the time the rut happens.

If you’re archery hunting it that’s even better.

OP
Josh Hojem
Personally I think focusing on the rut is overrated. It’s great if you just want to see
a bunch of deer. But if you’re after a giant find him in early fall, pattern him and kill opening day of the general season. Otherwise he’ll be 20 miles away by the time the rut happens.

If you’re archery hunting it that’s even better.
That’s my game plan. July and august in the field as much as possible. Archery starts early September. I’m lucky I live close … so I can spend a lot of time in the unit exploring

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
I like listening to podcast during the off season. Guys like Jason carter, Robby Denning, and Brian Call have good info and know how to kill big bucks! I like to listen to guys that can find and kill big ones.

I’ve listened to a lot of random podcast from a bunch of different guys! When listening to someone I haven’t heard of, I like to pull up their IG, Facebook or webpage and see what kind of bucks they are killing! If I’m seeing kill photos of dink bucks, I stop listening.