What Grit Diamond Sharpeners?

Zdub02

WKR
I am looking to grab 2 diamond hones to go with my lansky sharpening kit. Currently I have the regular hones and want to upgrade to diamond for some of my harder steel knives. What 2 grits would you sharpening gurus recommend? I was thinking course and fine but wanted some other opinions before I pick these up.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
I was curious and had to look. I don't use lanky, but the one diamond stone I have is a fine? from DMT. It took a lot off when new, but is closer to a extra fine now.
I sharpen with a mix, polish on ceramic on everything including s30v, 01, CPM3v,A2, etc.

Edited after looking at color scheme.

OP
Z

Zdub02

WKR
I have a DMT folder with course and fine sides. But I have to admit my freehand skills aren't the greatest so wanting to get the lansky hones to get a more precise edge.

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Believe I've got the coarse and medium for the lansky. Made a world of difference on a couple knives. Also if you haven't already got it the bench mount is great.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
I use a Sharpal diamond stone, 325 on the coarse side, 1200 grit on the fine (they call it extra fine.)

It works great for me in combination with a leather strop treated with 0.5 micron diamond slurry. I changed to this method from natural stones when I could not get an edge on a new knife made of S30V steel.

Beendare

WKR
I think the coarse is a waste….i almost never use mine.
I do on the other hand use the fine and ultra fine a lot.

FYI, the diamond versions KILL the regular version stones….you will like them. Worth noting, the diamond stones cut faster so unless you are completely reprofiling a blade, you almost never need coarse. A fine diamond does the work of a med reg stone- and better.