What do you cut inserts with?

Kevin0351

FNG
Wondering what you all cut inserts with?

I’m going with the ethics components. Last year i did stainless insert and collar. This year i’m lowering the weight a bit and using their aluminum insert and stainless collar. Wondering what anyone has used (that they thought worked well) to cut the aluminum…

I have an arrow saw but don’t know if that blade is appropriate for cutting aluminum also.

Dremel tool with an abrasive cut-off wheel would be my first choice. Arrow saw would also work. Hacksaw would work too. You could probably even snip them with a stout pair of cutting pliers then file down the sharp edge.

I use a pipe cutter and then take off the edge with an angle grinder. Can make any ethics insert any weight.m, not just their incremental weights. Needed 60 grains to match the weight of my victory inserts and this worked with my ethics inserts that only cut down to 75 grains if you use the pre scored location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
I use a dremel tool and then a file to take off small amounts to make them all weigh exactly the same weight.

Hwcopley

Lil-Rokslider
I used a pipe cutter like what you would use for copper pipe. Didn’t need to use an angle grinder to clean up the cuts. I was worried about them bending the aluminum, but I only put enough pressure to where I could still turn them by hand. Worked great

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I use ethics archery inserts and cut them with my dremel, then fine tune on a bench grinder to get my weights matched.

entropy

FNG
Hacksaw and sandpaper for me. I tried a dremel once, worked fine for two inserts, broke the cutting wheel on the third. Lucky I was wearing safety glasses.

Mind you, this may well have been more my fault than the dremel's, but hacksaws and hacksaw blades are dirt cheap and cut through aluminum like butter. They also won't spontaneously disassemble if bent slightly the wrong way during use...