What do I do in this situation?

I ordered a SG sleeping bag from GoHunt for my wife. I wasn't sure if she'd need it or not, but I knew if she didn't, I'd have 30 days to send it back.

Well the bag I ordered showed up without tags, and what could possibly be a small stain. I assume the bag has been used and was returned to them and never inspected. I called them Monday morning to tell them about it and mentioned that I'd really like a bag that I know hasn't been used and one with tags in case I needed to return it. The girl on the phone said she would talk to the return department and send me an email...

Within an hour, I had an email asking for some pictures, so I took a picture of the small spot on the bag and the zippers with no tags. I got an email back a couple hours later that informed me that SG likes to handle their own warranty claims and I should get in touch with them. I replied that this didn't seem like a warranty issue as there is nothing wrong with the bag, I just believe that it is not new and would really like a new bag.

I haven't gotten a reply since.. I sent them another email Tuesday morning and never received a reply, and again Thursday morning telling them that I no longer wish to receive a replacement and asked if I could just return this one, but since it has no tags, I assume they aren't going to accept it..

I'm not sure what to do at this point?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I think what you did here was all you can do. Put them on blast if they won't allow you to return for a refund.

Too bad SG sold out to a private equity firm, otherwise I'm sure the owner would want to know when one of their retail partners conducted themselves this way

TheHammer

WKR
I hate having to be shitty with people. Unfortunately that’s what it takes nowadays to get in contact with people who are capable of handling this situation, recently had this with gohunt. Eventually the situation was taken care of and since have made more purchases.

WCB

WKR
I think what you did here was all you can do. Put them on blast if they won't allow you to return for a refund.

Too bad SG sold out to a private equity firm, otherwise I'm sure the owner would want to know when one of their retail partners conducted themselves this way
Read his complaint again...his issue is with GO Hunt not Stone Glacier. Go Hunt told him that Stone Glacier likes to handle warranty complaints themselves (which in my opinion is correct as dealers/distributors rarely get all the information and just make a return claim saying "product defective" etc. ). If Go Hunt packs and ships the order and the product came as the OP explains it this is not a Stone Glacier issue.

As I read the OP has not contacted SG. IMO to the OP...contact Stone Glacier and tell them what happened. They may help you out and/or make the note of how Go Hunt responded to an issue with a SG product.

As someone said above...can't be that great of a company if you have to talk to the "right" person to get answers.

nobody

WKR
Call GoHunt and talk to them. I've dealt with them multiple times over the past few years and they really do have great customer service. Call and talk with them, they'll help out.

Emails can be great, but I know that I, personally, don't always write things out in emails as clearly as I can explain it over the phone. Maybe they are misunderstanding, call and give them a chance to fix things.

three5x5s

WKR
You reported this to Go Hunt last Monday and the right person still hasn't resolved this. Sounds like the right person left and went to work for a right place. Good Luck.

I second @tdhanses, call the credit card company and be done with it. Be ready to send the credit card company all correspondence, including the pictures you sent GoHunt. The credit card company will simply reverse the charges and then let GoHunt eat it or go through the process they should have the first time, and contact you with prepaid shipping ... to get the bag back.

ODB

WKR
Read his complaint again...his issue is with GO Hunt not Stone Glacier. Go Hunt told him that Stone Glacier likes to handle warranty complaints themselves (which in my opinion is correct as dealers/distributors rarely get all the information and just make a return claim saying "product defective" etc. ). If Go Hunt packs and ships the order and the product came as the OP explains it this is not a Stone Glacier issue.

As I read the OP has not contacted SG. IMO to the OP...contact Stone Glacier and tell them what happened. They may help you out and/or make the note of how Go Hunt responded to an issue with a SG product.

As someone said above...can't be that great of a company if you have to talk to the "right" person to get answers.

This is it. Contact SG and tell them a dealer dropped the ball. That’s a fair escalation.

tony

WKR
Just went through a charge back with my credit union.
Grey Ghost Gear - deal with them as you will.
Ordered a small range bag. Few days later, no email invoice, no shipping, log into the web site no record of the order, log into their other site Grey Ghost Precision just to check as they sell the same bags. No record there as well.
Had no problem deducting my money as soon as I ordered though. Anyway, I go through the typical site response box as they didn't have an email listed. No response, 2 days later I place a phone call, no answer, repeat 1 and 2 over the next two following days.
I typed out a simple timeline of events, CU can see the charge. I get a preliminary refund, as they called it the next day. Law says the company has 90 days to dispute it. So about a week later I get an email from grey ghost. "Oh hey has anyone got in contact with you yet? The bag/color you want is not in stock" I didn't respond and forwarded it to the CU rep. Not sure if they even realized I did a charge back
I think emails are almost useless anymore. I'm dealing with an out fit I'm simply trying to buy a replacement part from and they are giving me shit Gear America (off road things).

This on Go Hunt, nobody else

Sounds like GoHunt is using a play out of the OpticsPlanet playbook.

Call your CC company and get your money back.